Brought back to Life

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Found this one on craigslist my wife wanted a black and chrome bike. I built her a green one a while back, but she wanted black and chrome so I found this one.
I took all the extra chrome pieces new headlight, new pedals, new tail light, chrome fenders, rebuilt seat and threw this one together. When I brought it home I started stripping all those unnecessary stingray stickers and those horrible flames. Cleaned all the adhesive off, touched up the rust with some 0000 steel wool, got the forks nice and shiny. Went to wally world for some groceries and found these cool OCC stickers for $1. The wife loves OCC so I knew I better get em for her bike, she loves it. Here's some before and after pics.

100_0848.jpg

100_0847.jpg

100_0854.jpg

100_0856.jpg

Thanks for the compliments :D
snydur : your bikes are looking gooood :!: 8)
Krush is sweet, you're build off bike ain't bad either. :mrgreen:

Nice job. Did ya see mine? How did you get the stickers off? It looks great.

Yeah, I saw it pretty cool 8)
Stickers are pretty easy to get off. You need to get yourself a razorblade and some goo gone and lots of patience. :idea:

Peel the edge up with blade, try to get far enough under it to pull on it , if you get lucky some of them will peel off easily.
Other people have used heat gun but I didn't have one and my wifedidn't want me using her hair dryer. :roll:
Good Luck :D

Thanks for the advice. I 'm picking up another occ today. It's gonna be the same color(red) as my last one. So this one gets a color change. My lady might want it after seeing your wifes bike. How about a pink and white one? Peace

The wife loves the black and chrome and occ choppers. :D
I love these bikes there cheap easy to work on and even easier to make look good.
Your bike is awesome anticonformity :mrgreen: I'm jealous of all the cool tools you have at your disposal. :shock:
You have a great dad, so cool to see you working together and the level of creativity you both have.
I can't wait to see some full pics of the finished bike 8)

Hey, Jack Sensei I think they actually made a pink and white one maybe you could find one of those.
Thanks for the compliments guys

Latest posts

Back