Brooks b66

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any Brooks is a pain until you have done around 50 miles or so, make sure you proof the leather often to soften it, your ... will love you forever after its broken in, I have a B73 on my Felt, was on my Electra before that and its still like new, I can ride for 30 miles plus in perfect luxury and feel fine when I get off it! Yes you will like it if you give it the chance to break in, its an investment if you look after it, and can still make good money back if you change your mind in the future!

Depends on how much you ride on it, weather conditions its in, try not to let it get wet etc i ride once in a while in winter as its too cold to ride and bikes indoors so i proof it once in two months, in summer i ride more often so once a month to 6 weeks so it does not need doing that often.

I have owned two Brooks saddles and they didn't last long. It is too wet here. The weather looks nice, then after work it is raining. I had a shower cap I put over it to protect it but the water comes up off your wheels and soaks the leather from underneath. I think fenders would have helped but I had them on road bikes. The comfort is unmatched in my opinion, but I don't use them anymore, there are a lot of other non leather seats that are comfortable and I don't worry about the wet. I probably will buy another one sometime because of the comfort.

Yup a cover is needed in the wet i suppose you could clip on an ... saver they are cheap and roll up out the way when not needed as a temporary mudguard.

I have owned two Brooks saddles and they didn't last long. It is too wet here. The weather looks nice, then after work it is raining. I had a shower cap I put over it to protect it but the water comes up off your wheels and soaks the leather from underneath. I think fenders would have helped but I had them on road bikes. The comfort is unmatched in my opinion, but I don't use them anymore, there are a lot of other non leather seats that are comfortable and I don't worry about the wet. I probably will buy another one sometime because of the comfort.
Yeah I won't be riding it in the rain I just purchased a 59 schwinn tiger off another member and I wanted this seat because it will go great with the bike I feel it just goes with the era

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on how much you ride on it, weather conditions its in, try not to let it get wet etc i ride once in a while in winter as its too cold to ride and bikes indoors so i proof it once in two months, in summer i ride more often so once a month to 6 weeks so it does not need doing that often.
Be careful I read that proofing them too much will soften the leather to much and make it deteriorate

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back