Bratz bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The 2008 Bratz Diamond 20 inch bicycle is packed with style!
unnamed.jpg

We start with a beautifully designed steel frame for durability and strength, color matched rims and handle bar mounted pack! Front and rear fenders and an adjustable height saddle round out this stylish package. Kick stand included.

As found:

DSCF7695.JPG

Funky built in fender
DSCF7707.JPG

Cool wide whites - UANCOM brand?
DSCF7703.JPG
DSCF7704.JPG

Nifty "BRATZ" embroidered seat!
DSCF7701.JPG

Wow quality of this Kent bike is pretty sad. The outside bearing cone and the threads on the crank wore away making adjusting the bottom bracket impossible and probably why the bike saw little use.
DSCF7760.JPG

The fork is made of crazy thin metal.
DSCF7755.JPG
DSCF7756.JPG

Tried a 26" cheapo suspension fork.
DSCF7740.JPG

Another cheapo 26" fork w/o suspension.
DSCF7741.JPG

And a cheapo 20" suspension fork.
DSCF7745.JPG

Wheels from a scrapped DiamondBack. Freewheel instead of coaster brake.

20" suspension fork works best. More balanced. Won't fly away from you when attempting that 6 foot gap!

The lubricants used for these overseas bargain bikes is a notch above Crisco. It contributes to early failures. I've gotten wheels with great stainless steel spokes, the rest was total junk.

I've gotten wheels with great stainless steel spokes, the rest was total junk.
Yep, quality of the parts varies wildly. Frame seems sound, crank is junk, Fork is scary but the wheels (funky twisted spokes!) are nice and the wide white wall tires hold air and no cracks.
I guess fork selection will depend on the end user. The 20" suspension fork would be awesome for a grandkid build.
DSCF7751.JPG

Has potential.... I see a trials motorcycle style build! Be cool to use a triple tree fork.
I like the 26er without suspension. It's a choppah!
Yep, I'm liking it too. If I can fit it maybe this 26" fork for maximum trials bike vibe.
DSCF7744.JPG

Sadly due to covid, not seeing grand kids much this year. Built another 20" bike for the younger grandson. He tried it but seemed bamboozled by the coaster brake and kept pedaling backwards. :confused:
He lives in town on a busy street so I'm sure he doesn't ride a bike at all. Maybe a freewheel and hand brakes will work better? Also from same bike I got the forks from is a 5 or 6 speed rear freewheel so could upgrade to that in future. My wife says I should build it for my oldest grand daughter cause green is her favorite color and the paint is still pretty nice, but I want bright yellow and a rallye stripe like this:
iu

:cool:

Tearing through a mountain of 20" wheels seeing what I have.
DSCF7834.JPG

Found this crazy heavy Suntour coaster rear wheel. Must weigh twice what the std issue china made wheels weigh. Guess they are highly regarded in the BMX world? They come with 3 or 4 brake shoe versions.
DSCF7831.JPG
DSCF7833.JPG

Too bad only 20 spokes though...
An almost has heavy Shimano rear wheel, again with 20 spokes.
DSCF7837.JPG

And a kinda cool front rim don't know how the rust will clean up yet.

DSCF7838.JPG

Also found this cool 16" wheel and Kenda tire.
DSCF7841.JPG
DSCF7843.JPG
DSCF7845.JPG

All covered in red house paint!

A few free wheel rims including this set off a Tony Hawk bike.
DSCF7839.JPG
DSCF7840.JPG

Definitely has some odd but interesting details on the frame. What on Earth is that stock fork?!? I guess they don’t think the demographic riding this bike even makes the occasional cinder block and scrap plywood ramp LOL

You have my attention on this build.

Bikes as seen falling off the conveyors in Fred Claus...yeah Bratz dolls are creepy...they look like their faces are constantly being sucked into a black hole where their empathy for other humans should reside. I commented on both bratz and Fred Claus? I must be bored at home with a corona mask induced eye injury.

Latest posts

Back