Bowden Spacelanders Being Restored

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry about the caps,,,,,i will take the blue bowden to memory lane show this week,,,hope to see you all,,,,,hope for sun,,,,,,its a long story about the bikes,,,,most wouldent belive me,,,,,,,all in all a flee market guy bought out a warehouse full of bikes and parts and other antiqes,,,,he sold most of the items and then looked up bowden spacelander on ebay for info on them like value,,,since bowdens are so rare and not offten one is posted on ebay,,,he couldent find info on them ,,thought o well just more flee market junk,,,so he sold them to a buddy of mine who has a bike shop,,,sold for near nothing,,my buddy who got them also is not a collector of bikes,,but he knew they were worth somthing but sold them to me for a price most would not belive,,,,,,,the flee market guy brought them to his shop put them in a pile like if they were huffy bikes or something,,,what a site,,,,,,now the guy who owend the ware house ,,why did he let all this go for nothing,,,its another story so hard to belive ,,a handfull of high end bike collectors knew of him but thought maybe he had 6 or so bowdens,,,not 11 of them,,,,he had a few high wheel bikes and a few other rare bikes,,,anyways he doest care about the bikes anymore,,,hes a older guy who does ride a cheap 10 speed bike around,,at one time he guarded the bikes like gold and wonted over 10 grand for one bowden bike,,,,he did turn to god and i think someplace in his mind value and things are not what he wonted anymore and just let the dogs out,,,,,,the funny thing about it all is that i knew of him before ,years back,,,,i lookerd up to him as he was the all time bike collecter,,,,,,so much more to this story ,,,its all odd but true

me said:
What does the frame look like???

I read in an American Bicyclist article from june 1960 that the fiberglass structure IS the frame, end of the mystery.

Someone needs to pull some molds from these pieces, pronto. I would love to own one of these someday, but repops would sell like gangbusters! :D

What ever happen here?

I've been trying to gather more information on how these bikes worked internally. I very interested to know if the head tube and the bottom bracket are attached separately from the rest of the frame.

Latest posts

Back