BOTEN PRIZE THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow, some sweet prizes being offered up.
As usual, I'm in for offering some of my Thompson Classic Bicycle Components.
Let's see...

1st place - a seat and grips of his/her choice.
2nd place - two pairs of grips of their choice.
3rd place - one pair of grips of their choice.

Good luck everybody. I wish I was in it with you.

Holy cow, some sweet prizes being offered up.
As usual, I'm in for offering some of my Thompson Classic Bicycle Components.
Let's see...

1st place - a seat and grips of his/her choice.
2nd place - two pairs of grips of their choice.
3rd place - one pair of grips of their choice.

Good luck everybody. I wish I was in it with you.
Great prizes!

Luke.

sorry for trolling, I searched but can't find...what exactly is boten? I see some bikes in the build off are marked boten; what is that and how to become boten? :)

Do you have a secret handshake? I would love to be a part of a gang with a secret handshake.
:21:

No big secret or conspiracy I'm afraid!
This is the RatRodBikes Build-Off number 10, that wasn shortened to RRB-BO#10, and then shortened again to simply BOTEN...
Simply by being in the build-off with your MASH bike, you are entered! :thumbsup:

Luke.

53387982.jpg

and I was really looking forward to that handshake. :D
thanks for the info, sorry for interuption, carry on!

53387982.jpg

and I was really looking forward to that handshake. :D
thanks for the info, sorry for interuption, carry on!

Please don't feel stupid o_O

Now if Luke had said something like "Oh yeah, our secret handshake to become a member of BOTEN, all you have to do is film yourself shaking hands with a Koala while eating Eucalyptus leaves and your in" and you had believed him… then you could feel stupid.

But sadly that's not the case and there is no secret handshake, so feelings of stupidity are not required. However, should you have the inclination to write stupid things and exercise your right to act stupidly, please feel free to join in… :crazy:

Perhaps there should be a "stupid" prize... for the stupidest bike :39:

:whistle:

Glen.

Well that is Funkme in with the winners trophy!

I am in for the second place trophy (and will do third too if no one else offers) the winner will have to supply a hub and a multi speed freewheel to complete the trophy base just to keep postage costs down.

18506110872_69d7d95111_z.jpg

The advantage with this is you can make your trophy as big or little as you like! You could mount it straight to a freewheel with a bolt for a small modest trophy or assemble most of a bike into the trophy base if you want a room talking point!

Luke.
I am sorry everybody, I really need to take a break from building at the moment so I am no longer in a position to do the trophies for 2nd and 3rd, there are some cool other prizes offered up though, so no one is missing out...

Of course is someone else wants to offer to build and send the 2nd and 3rd trophies that would be awesome...

Luke.

Okay, Noobville reporting in here...just found this thread on July 22....wow, these prize contributions are cool! Here's what I will be donating to the cause for the best "rat-ification with the most rat-isfaction"....according to my own "weird"
rat-ionalizations! An ad page for the 1964 Weird-Oh kits by Hawk....

Hi Folks,

Although we did help out the Renaissance Man with his build with our Flexroute cable guides, we would also like to award the winner of BOTEN with an 8 pack (with ties!) of our Flexroute. A whopping $15 value, yours for only several hundred dollars that you spent into your bikes creation along with the dozens of hours spent building! Goodluck to all the builders. :thumbsup:

xBjRedo.png

Thats a cool prize,thanx for spying on us,and pitching in...
Anyone else want to open there bag of doodads,and donate to the prize pot... Feel free.
Reminds me need to get to work on the first prize trophy????Will see if I can get another 1-2 done for 2nd & 3rd.

Thats a cool prize,thanx for spying on us,and pitching in...
Anyone else want to open there bag of doodads,and donate to the prize pot... Feel free.
Reminds me need to get to work on the first prize trophy????Will see if I can get another 1-2 done for 2nd & 3rd.
My sister-in-law and nephew were in Greece in June and raved about it! Maybe a bicycle led tour of the area? :) My wife has it on her bucket list now....

My sister-in-law and nephew were in Greece in June and raved about it! Maybe a bicycle led tour of the area? :) My wife has it on her bucket list now....
Last few years,cycling has become popular here on the island and in Athens as transport. You can rent bikes and go on tours. But I am still the only one with a bunch of rats...

I have been thinking about what I would like to give a prize for this year. I had an idea but Cobraking took care of it first! :thumbsup:

I think I'll do something different this year and set up a vote for the best photo. I'll start a thread separate from the build off voting so that people can have one vote for their favorite photo (based off of the same photos in the build off vote). Of course the bike is the subject, but as I pointed out in another thread, sometimes a great photo can be just as cool as a great bike.

The winner will get a full size poster suitable for framing showcasing the winning photo with RRB build off logo, bike & builder names, and date.

Good Luck!

Guys, just throwing this out there; would it be more rewarding and fun for there to be prizes for more bike places than just 1-3?

There are a lot of people donating and 1st place may get showered with lots of prizes, which is cool, but wouldn't it be more rewarding for more members that joined to get a little prize?

Not to bend or break the rules or even go against the grain here, I just thought that everyone can become a bit more excited about the build-off instead of concentrating on all the 1st place prizes.

BTW, I need to look for something to bring to the table.

My contribution to the prize for BO-X. I started on it yesterday. It is a 1929 Ford Pickup that will have some neat additions on it and in it. It will go to the best looking background shot of your build that I like best. Steve (Rat Rod) knows what I have going on and in it.;)
DSCN1012.jpg

DSCN1013.jpg
Update on this build... It will be finished before voting ends. Some of you may already know that I am moving and it just happened to coincide with the end of BOTEN. So, today and tomorrow is the big move out/in weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the finish-ed line.

Guys, just throwing this out there; would it be more rewarding and fun for there to be prizes for more bike places than just 1-3?

There are a lot of people donating and 1st place may get showered with lots of prizes, which is cool, but wouldn't it be more rewarding for more members that joined to get a little prize?

Not to bend or break the rules or even go against the grain here, I just thought that everyone can become a bit more excited about the build-off instead of concentrating on all the 1st place prizes.

I like where you are going, rydr1. My prize(s) of the March 1964 ad for the Hawk Weird-Ohs models will be given out to my picks for the "rat-ifications that leave me most rat-isfied" according to my own rat-ing scale based on my own rat-ionalizations! Which could mean, I will be awarding 3-4 builds that may or may not make the top 3.

Prize contributors can award the prize for anything they want it to be fore. My prize is going for MY favorite background in a photo. Some may go for best patina or best use of non-bike parts etc. For the WBO I think I gave out a prize for last place. Just some examples.

Prize contributors can award the prize for anything they want it to be fore. My prize is going for MY favorite background in a photo. Some may go for best patina or best use of non-bike parts etc. For the WBO I think I gave out a prize for last place. Just some examples.
I had to add photos with some background just because of this. I was to concentrated on bike details in the original photos

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back