boardtrack project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems almost as if the bike and wheels were meant to be. :mrgreen: i really like it. its a nice simple build. all you had to do was get the right parts and it look righteous! 8)

Man that looks sharp. I'm thinking about running those tires on some red with white pinstriped wheels on my Hawthorn Duralium.

I think the bike turned out fantastic, but im with boneshaker on the grips. With the black seat and black pedals i think you should go with black grips. :wink:

Can't believe how well those wheels ended up matching.

I really think you nailed it on this bike...the color, the parts, etc.

Here's what black grips would look like.

boardtracker.jpg

Thank's all, I apprecciate the input, my nos coke bottle grips are a little to stiff to make the curve of the bars, I agree black is the way to go, will have to see what I can come up with, also found out that those rims were spoked incorrectly, so that is being fixed now also, I was lucky that the rims were so close in color, should be done soon, and thank's Steve for coloring the grips for me in the pic, the black is much better

have you tried soaking the grips in hot water before mounting them(the nos)? itll make them abit more pliable and should reform well.....if not a heat gun(or hair dryer in a pinch) will do the trick.........just dont linger in one spot too long if you go heat gun route :wink:
cant wait to see this one in person!

haha sensor i already got to see it and wow it is very nice. i told frank that when you see it you will drool. the wheels are at my house right now they look really good but were laced wrong and the hubs need some loving. as for the grips i personally like them because he has put a few other "new" parts on the bike as well so i think it has a very nice flow. well done now i just have to get the wheels right so he can finish it.

Latest posts

Back