BO-X - Flameliner - Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have you ever built a bike or for that matter ever hand built anything and then years or even months later looked at it, and said to yourself "What was I thinking". So back two years ago I built a bike for build off 8. I was using this Spaceliner bike and trying to be creative and economical. In other words frugal or you could call it...cheap. At the time I liked the bike but now I look at it and just say YUCK!...What was I thinking? Was I drinking heavily? Was I using prescription drugs with bad side effects?
Now there is nothing wrong with being cheap, but I created a headlight using a Gatorade bottle and a $2 dollar flashlight. A month after the build off it was the first thing I removed off the bike...again what was I thinking. So that bike has bothered me and I want to fix it. The bike rides well but I had issues with the seat. The seat post was at the wrong angle and the seat would never adjust to a comfortable riding position. So my plans are to make a bike for me, without creative add on's or doo-dads, etc. I will remove unnecessary items and repaint and give it a new look and fix the seat issue. Nothing fancy or wildly creative here, just a bike for me. Time to Recycle.

Here is my starting point. A bike I built for build off 8.

Man... another one of those frames. Are they falling from the sky over there or something!?

I liked this bike back in B.O.8, so I'll bet it'll be even better this time 'round.

Glen.

Parts, Parts, Parts!......Well maybe the parts I will use. I like to change my mind as often as my wife buys shoes.

After some thought I have decided to repaint this black frame.....BLACK.
Well the first time I painted this frame I was in a rush and the paint has flaws that just bugs the you know what out of me.
Why black? Well, my master plan is to make the bike mirror my roadster.
Chrome, Red rims, Red seat and white walls.

I dug "Stitch" in BO8, but I like your facelift plans for BOTEN too.
Are you keeping the stitched frame panels? I think you should keep them. Those are very unique. I don't remember seeing anyone else do that with a liner.
Hard to go wrong with trying to match that sick roadster you got there.
HAVE FUN!

I dug "Stitch" in BO8, but I like your facelift plans for BOTEN too.
Are you keeping the stitched frame panels? I think you should keep them. Those are very unique. I don't remember seeing anyone else do that with a liner.
Hard to go wrong with trying to match that sick roadster you got there.
HAVE FUN!

No... sorry, I'm taking them off, along with several other items. Here is my scrap pile. But I just might keep the golf club kick stand.

Page 4? Wow I was on page 4... This build is off to a slow start because I have mixed feelings as to the direction to go with this bike. So very little has gotten done so you could say I'm stuck doin' thinking rather than building. So lets look at where I'm at.
I have done very little to the frame except some light sanding, and I have repainted the rims red.

I added some whitewall tires.

And assembled a roller.

So that is where I'm at. I have a few ideas but ... still thinking rather than building.

Looks like your thinkin is paying off. I like the looks of that!

Latest posts

Back