BO 11 Trophy & Prize pool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 30739 Last day of the BO-11. OddJob is busy in his shop creating the "OddJob Awards for Most Rat-isfying Rat Rods Rust-ification"......Weird-Oh model ad from March 1964 issue of Hot Rod Magazine. Special coffee-aged copies will be awarded to those I find most Rat-isfying according to my own Rat-ing scale based on my own Rat-ionalizations!
View attachment 30740
From my understanding there have been a few stand outs in the odd job award lest see who you have picked Mr. Rattastic. I personally would have had to vote for the one liner .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best use of non bike parts...
brett4christ's model a parts...
renaissance man's door handle seat chrome and tank chrome and fender pipes..
Also who did those stepped wheel discs?
and that guitar guy's amp in the tank ain't exactly schwinn issue either...

sent from my banana phone...

Okay I'm throwing prizes into the pot..
Ive always enjoyed the wacky prizes that come out of here,and it adds extra fun.

I came across these on fleecebay,and thought would make a great prize.Chunk of raw metal to hang on your wall.
Price is great for USA but not for abroad.Shipping is just Route 66 robbery.
So I decided that the winner gets a choice, either the item below if you are in the USA, or a Tee with your winning bike printed onto it(If winner is out of USA you have NO choice.The printed tee will be your prize.)
The Tshirt will be of your color and size choice.
s-l1600 (2).jpg

OR Rat bike,the guy says there are some defects?Looks like he is knew at laser cutting. So I like to give people who give it a go a chance...
s-l1600 (1).jpg

And second place gets a choice of one of these Tshirts. You pick your slogan,size and color.
Once you have chosen your design I will let you know the colors that are available.
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
Okay I'm throwing prizes into the pot..
Ive always enjoyed the wacky prizes that come out of here,and it adds extra fun.

I came across these on fleecebay,and thought would make a great prize.Chunk of raw metal to hang on your wall.
Price is great for USA but not for abroad.Shipping is just Route 66 robbery.
So I decided that the winner gets a choice, either the item below if you are in the USA, or a Tee with your winning bike printed onto it(If winner is out of USA you have NO choice.The printed tee will be your prize.)
The Tshirt will be of your color and size choice.
View attachment 31172
OR Rat bike,the guy says there are some defects?Looks like he is knew at laser cutting. So I like to give people who give it a go a chance...View attachment 31173
And second place gets a choice of one of these Tshirts. You pick your slogan,size and color.
Once you have chosen your design I will let you know the colors that are available.View attachment 31174
If you want to cut down on the shipping costs for the shirts to europe (if there is a winner from this side of the big pond) we can do this through my account on spreadshirt.de...
And may I suggest to give a shirt with one of the two metal-logos instead of a shirt with the winners bike?!

Best use of non bike parts...
brett4christ's model a parts...
renaissance man's door handle seat chrome and tank chrome and fender pipes..
Also who did those stepped wheel discs?
and that guitar guy's amp in the tank ain't exactly schwinn issue either...

sent from my banana phone...
The stepped discs were MonarkofSoCal.

If you want to cut down on the shipping costs for the shirts to europe (if there is a winner from this side of the big pond) we can do this through my account on spreadshirt.de...
And may I suggest to give a shirt with one of the two metal-logos instead of a shirt with the winners bike?!
My idea was put the pic of thr winning bike on a tee,and then either on the sleeve or back. Have written rat rod bikes buildoff # 11 with either Ist place or winner.?
The tees cost 30e to do this and postage is cheap.
The metal logo to ship from usa to europe is over 70euro? People are crazy...

I'll give a prize to the bike that kept me wanting more after every post. There are a lot that are in this category, but I'll choose one at the end.

I've given these out in the past and will again this year. The winner will get a full size poster (winner can choose the size) suitable for framing showcasing the RRB build off logo, bike & builder names, and date.

Here's one from BO-9:
trophy3_zps1a7f4888.jpg

Good Luck!
Congratulations to this years winner! Click here

Psssst I'm on your side of the pond.GREECE.... MYKONOS actually...Hello Germany.

I do also like the idea of the rat printing on the Tee,maybe we leave that up to the winner,and they can choose what they want.And we do it with your company.Lets leave it open....

Actually, I had forgotten about giving this last year for the best photo. I think I'll do that again in addition to the other prize.
I'll set up a vote for the best photo and let the people decide the winner. the winner will get a poster also.

The best photo doesn't have to be the bike that wins or even places high, just the best photo -meaning clarity, lighting, setting, composition etc.
The voting has started for this prize. Voting will last three days and end on Monday at 12:24 CST.

GO VOTE HERE!

Finally have time to start experimenting with ideas for the First Place Trophy. It used to be tradition that the previous winner of the Build Off made the trophy for the next winner. Can't remember when it stopped, but I'm excited to bring the tradition back. Here are the parts I'm going to start playing with. We'll see what I end up with.

20160806_150541.jpg

My First Place Trophy idea revolves around the top tube art piece that I used for VerBoten where I used a hub with spokes running parallel to the axle to form a cage.

beater.jpg

But in this case I am going to mount the axle to this cast iron star base. and have the spoke cage form a trophy cup.

20160806_161455.jpg
20160806_161446.jpg
20160806_151959.jpg
20160806_152006.jpg

That is as far as I got so far. Still have to decide what may go inside the cup. Got a few ideas, but Queenfish wants to go out to dinner.

Hey man, cool idea. Wondering....what if you ran a cross pattern on the spokes like on a wheel, might support your chain ring better?

That first proof of concept pass only had half the spokes in to see if I was going in a cool direction or not.

I decided to put a headlight into the trophy and make it work so that it will be a lamp too. I need stronger batteries, but this bad boy still lights up.
The lens side of the light will be on top of the chainring and the bullet section will be below.

20160806_205846.jpg
20160806_205843.jpg
20160806_211416.jpg

I decided it needed a better chainring

20160806_210324.jpg

20160806_210818.jpg

Oh yeah, and another good reason to use the hub is this. That's it for tonight.

COOLEST LIGHT AWARD

I'll give this prize for the Coolest Light that I see on the finished builds.

View attachment 27806

The Prize for the COOLEST LIGHT AWARD is this funky vintage emergency light. It even has a motor to spin the police light around.

index.php

I was looking over the finished gallery and diving into the Finished threads to determine the coolest light and it wasn't easy.

But then I got down to #47 in the list and immediately knew I found the winner. To me, this is one of the sickest lights ever!! I love the shape, the amber lense, the paint, and the pinstriping. Oh yeah and the bike it's attached to ain't too shabby either.

So the winner of this funky emergency light is non other than @gowjobs and his Schwinn Drop Out!

drop%20out%2005_zps8rix9vqg.jpg

drop%20out%2010_zpsttll78ls.jpg

The Prize for the COOLEST LIGHT AWARD is this funky vintage emergency light. It even has a motor to spin the police light around.

But then I got down to #47 in the list and immediately knew I found the winner. To me, this is one of the sickest lights ever!! I love the shape, the amber lense, the paint, and the pinstriping. Oh yeah and the bike it's attached to ain't too shabby either.

So the winner of this funky emergency light is non other than @gowjobs and his Schwinn Drop Out!
Thanks! And to think I almost left that headlight off the build! I'm glad I was able to do a quick battery/LED conversion and find that brake bridge to mount it with.

Hey guys and gals, I'm wondering how the construction of the '17th Place' trophy is coming along....?.....I've got a shot....

Thanks! And to think I almost left that headlight off the build! I'm glad I was able to do a quick battery/LED conversion and find that brake bridge to mount it with.
Hey Dave....you're a winner! Good choice Kingfish...and yes, that lamp was a high-Light of your build gowjobs.....(couldn't resist)...

Latest posts

Back