BMX PRODUCTS SCORE and a Bob Reedy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Started off with a buddy hooking me up with (sadly) a non-drive side Reedy Pedal! The hunt begins :mad: But then another buddy, a scapper, digger came up with a CB Motomag for me. Then I heard back from a local cat and member (I'll let him chime in if he wants) on this old blue bike! Lucky for me he decided he was ready to let it go to a new home. This is a 1980 BMX Products made MotoTrac. It looks like it was decal'd as Mongoose from the factory or at least way back. Moto Tracs were made for a shop in Atlanta. Anyone have any additional info please feel free to chime in. The guy I bought it from picked it up in NJ for a whole $10 bucks :D - Everything looks great! It looks like the Bars and maybe seat post got the rattle can treatment at some point. The MONGOOSE marked Snakebeliies are getting pretty hairy on the sides but the Blue Candy is OUTSTANDING!! The Gold stem is so pretty it hurts...blah blah okay pics!

The loneliest Bob Reedy. *ANYONE HAVE A MATCH FOR ME?

Joe and his scrap yard delivery! :lol: I wished he'd have left the mongoose forks in the crapper but the Team Schwinn Cranks and Schwinn Clamp were cool to see!

NICE welds

Kind of a short looking matchbox

And the Moto Trac:

My dog is very unimpressed with my photoshoot.

That is a GREAT looking Moto-Trac!
The Mongoose could be a shorty? Measure the top tube, with that short of a "matchbox" I bet it is a smaller top tube.
The Reedy pedal single will be a tough find. I needed a single about 5 years ago, after about a year I found one on ebay and happened to be the correct side (I had a 50/50 shot).
Nice finds and those Mongoose (Winners Choice) snakebellys are a tough find in any condition! I have a set of blue ones here in pretty decent shape - leave those tires on and just don't ride that bike, it is too original!

Latest posts

Back