blue moon

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After dinner mock up
CIMG0567.jpg

CIMG0568.jpg

I will look for better tires these knobbys just don't look right.
I am happy so far, not sure my wife agrees, just giving me strange looks, a sort of 'when are you going to paint it ' look

Very cool - love the finish and the "old" feel it really has now!

Thanks for the comments,hoping to do some different things to make it unique.started working on the seat
CIMG0570.jpg

Cleaned up the pans and painted.
CIMG0573.jpg

Put some padding and some fake ostrich skin (color and texture reminds me of beer)
CIMG0576.jpg

picked this up at a discount store thought is was worth a try
CIMG0577.jpg

Used it on the bottom of the seat pan
CIMG0578.jpg

I am happy with the way it turned out, will work on the springs and the frame, with a little variation

FOUND OBJECTS said:
It's reads it's a two part patina...what were the two steps in the process?
Just curious :D
A spray on base coat, sort of a dark metallic bronze, and then a green latex paint you brush on and then wipe with a wet paper towel. Do you think it looks authentic? I alo picked up a rust kit.

Ken Nighplay said:
FOUND OBJECTS said:
It's reads it's a two part patina...what were the two steps in the process?
Just curious :D
A spray on base coat, sort of a dark metallic bronze, and then a green latex paint you brush on and then wipe with a wet paper towel. Do you think it looks authentic? I alo picked up a rust kit.
Looks great...not really authintic, but in no way bad. It has it's own look to it. I dig it. Very custom feel to it.
I like it...

Ken Nighplay said:
After dinner mock up
CIMG0567.jpg

CIMG0568.jpg

I will look for better tires these knobbys just don't look right.
I am happy so far, not sure my wife agrees, just giving me strange looks, a sort of 'when are you going to paint it ' look
I just have to say the Huffmans have the best lines!
it's looking great!

Does anyone know what an original tank for this bike would look like? I have an idea to make one out of wood and paint it. Thanks

Ken Nighplay said:
Does anyone know what an original tank for this bike would look like? I have an idea to make one out of wood and paint it. Thanks
though the earlier tanks will fit, these are the basic correct tanks for this frame style. the correct one for this particular frame would be the later one like the red bike without the "gills" in the side.
img_1265Modified-1.jpg

P1010466.jpg

Heres another shot of a gilled tank on a Western Flyer I'm building and the earlier 3 ribbed tank that Scott spoke of...this one is going on another of my projects :mrgreen: Yes I love Huffmans too :!: Bike is looking great Ken!

Well got a lot of yard work done but not a lot on my bike. Although I did have a helper,
DSC01583.jpg

I did find a crankset,
DSC01572.jpg

I am trying a little different finish than the seat,
DSC01577.jpg

copper on the front tarnished on the back as if someonehad tried to polish the arms

I put the seat and an old crank on the bike to get a better idea of what it will look like
DSC01597.jpg

The crank did not spin well and after closer inspection I think I found the problem
DSC01586.jpg

I guess those arms sill go in the trash. That is about all, long weekend and I feel like my helper di
DSC01591.jpg
d

Latest posts

Back