Blue Max (tank & chain)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my entry for the build. I did not start early, I got the frame from "ind-chuckz" back in March already painted. It is a Worksman, M-2600 frame. The blue hue made the choice of the build name. For the first time I will attempt to motorize a bike. I have a good portion of the parts gathered. I don't like the fuel tank that come with these motor kits so I have a plan for making one to my liking.
Well now I have to go to work today so I can't even get a good start on the first day.
DSCN2018.jpg

DSCN2019.jpg

Great frame to start with. Cool to see a Sad Max build. :D

Got off of work at 2pm, came home, had lunch and fell asleep on the couch! Well I knew when I ordered the engine kit one of the first things that would get tossed would be the rubbish chain ring/hub attachment pieces. The billet piece is the way to go! It self centers and only 5 bolts to tighten. One adjustment to make on the coaster brake arm will need to be reshaped to clear the rotating chain ring bolts.
The front drum brake wheel I ordered direct from Worksman along with the brake cable and lever. I went with Hutchinson Lowrider 26X2.35 tires.
DSCN2022.jpg

DSCN2023.jpg

DSCN2024.jpg

DSCN2025.jpg

very nice frame choice!!!! i been wanting to build up one of these m 2600 frames someday but right now i have too many and ran out of room so once i decide what im keeping and what is going i will see if i can get me a m 2600 frame cannot wait to see it built!

Nice bunch of parts I'm sure it will be a great bike as usual [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've made a little bit of progress this week. The first thing on the list was to make sure my coaster brake arm cleared the chain ring bolts. I lightly scored the arm where I wanted the bends and stuck it in the vise, put some heat on it made two bends and VIOLA! On the frame I will have to make a longer than usual strap for it.
Next I had to go to the hardware and get some spacers for the front axle. I wanted to use a 26" SW speedometer I had tucked away but it is right drive and will not work on this build with the front drum brake so I went with a different speedometer. Got the rear wheel and crank installed. Next will be figuring out engine mounting. I may have to cut off some chain guard tabs.
DSCN2026.jpg

DSCN2027.jpg

DSCN2028.jpg

DSCN2033.jpg

DSCN2035.jpg

DSCN2036.jpg

I worked on getting the chain guard tab cut off with my Dremmal tool. Mounted the engine to see how it fits. I think I have to wedge shim the seat post side a little bit. Everything seems to clear ok. Thoughts or suggestions welcome.
DSCN2037.jpg

DSCN2038.jpg

DSCN2039.jpg

DSCN2040.jpg

DSCN2041.jpg

DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2043.jpg

My only suggestion is to sandwich some rubber in the mounts. For mine, I went to the auto parts store and had them cut a piece of the largest diameter hose that they sold and then I cut the length and split it open to fit over the tubes on the frame. Once everything was tightened down, It made for a snug fit that helps reduce vibrations.
100_9141_zpsu6fcknmy.jpg

My only suggestion is to sandwich some rubber in the mounts. For mine, I went to the auto parts store and had them cut a piece of the largest diameter hose that they sold and then I cut the length and split it open to fit over the tubes on the frame. Once everything was tightened down, It made for a snug fit that helps reduce vibrations.
100_9141_zpsu6fcknmy.jpg
Excellent suggestion! Thanks RM!

I agree with TRM, you might also try rubber washers between the lock washer and bracket.

Yeah, rubber mount these engines. All the vibration these chinese motors make tend to loosen up the cheap bolts non stop. And, if you haven't done so already, change EVERY bolt that came on this motor with high quality ones. I think china used the cheapest metal known to man when casting these bolts and they tend to strip out at the most inopportune time.

Latest posts

Back