Blue bikes.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My "hot rod" Electra...
82d38af0a4c4619d1a10a6205060b582.jpg
1290eb30ce1bd1202448f7a01d384249.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

My 1950s/1960s Sears Roebuck Western Flyer Sonic Flyer, that I've come to call Stirrup: The Hornet's Nest, as it was covered in dirt daubers' nests when I pulled it out of my late granddad's equally dirt dauber-infested shed. It actually belonged to my Aunt Suzanne, Dad's older sister. She gave it to me since she no longer wanted it, and none of her kids or grandkids wanted it. It's currently disassembled while I try to decide how to remove most of the rust without damaging the paint. I'm thinking of using either Evaporust or an oxalic acid bath, but I've heard that might be bad for blue paint.
BftD_Stirrup_the_Hornets_Nest1.jpg
BftD_Stirrup_the_Hornets_Nest.jpg

My 1950s/1960s Sears Roebuck Western Flyer Sonic Flyer, that I've come to call Stirrup: The Hornet's Nest, as it was covered in dirt daubers' nests when I pulled it out of my late granddad's equally dirt dauber-infested shed. It actually belonged to my Aunt Suzanne, Dad's older sister. She gave it to me since she no longer wanted it, and none of her kids or grandkids wanted it. It's currently disassembled while I try to decide how to remove most of the rust without damaging the paint. I'm thinking of using either Evaporust or an oxalic acid bath, but I've heard that might be bad for blue paint.
View attachment 154754View attachment 154753
I just saw one at the bike shop for sale last week.

Latest posts

Back