Blackout... brighter pics. added... guess I made a hotrod and got mooned again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah! I love the parallel angles on the new rear bars with the seatstays and the downtube. That is how the original X53 should have been done,

Thanks! that was one thing I wanted was it to follow the seat stay little more work on the backend then its just flip and repeat on other side.

I had assumed that you would put your spin on the iconic X53 rack brace...
My assumption was right!!!
f24ghQPm.jpg

Now we're talkin'! :cool2:
I like how the little seat brace echoes the turn down under the tank.

My assumption was right!!!
f24ghQPm.jpg

Now we're talkin'! :cool2:
I like how the little seat brace echoes the turn down under the tank.

Yes it was! at the time I just didn't have it all figured out yet:) and still don't on the lower tail end but am close with 2 options I have in mind the little seat brace was another pet peeve it had to follow that and curve of fender

Just saw these pics posted up from the Sunny Side Up show. This is cool, but your build is definitely a better looking bike!

20245532_1185442304934697_8320729153198884258_n.jpg
20258139_1185442461601348_6225294977640836410_n.jpg

kinda figured there was 1 or more out there just haven't seen one till this one, looks small?

finally have the frame/fenders welded/ground just need to do some filing in corners then slick it to smooth more, am behind and while I have scratched a couple things off my list already will be a couple more I think with time a tickin and need to mock back up because I forgot to weld on rear fender mounts:mad:. 1 step forward 2 steps back lately.

finally have the frame/fenders welded/ground just need to do some filing in corners then slick it to smooth more, am behind and while I have scratched a couple things off my list already will be a couple more I think with time a tickin and need to mock back up because I forgot to weld on rear fender mounts:mad:. 1 step forward 2 steps back lately.
Am I the only one that would rust it up just like that.. :39:

kinda figured there was 1 or more out there just haven't seen one till this one, looks small?

Yeah, it really looks stubby. Yours on the other hand looks perfectly in tune with the X53 vintage stuff.

Even without the drive, I really like the mods you made to the frame. Awesome blend of parts. That fork is killer.

Am I the only one that would rust it up just like that.. :39:

I don't remember if I posted this on here think I did (without going back in my posts) my old Chevy I did back in the day that was also named Blackout that gave me the inspiration for this build.

While this bike will be Black I have been debating patina Black or not :39: I am on the fence making it look like a old find or new paint

Opinions on paint patina or not??

Last edited:
Have you thought about two finish black? Flat and glossy. It would make the tank layers stand out better. @late for dinner did a cool build like this and @Dr. Tankenstein has one planned

This bike has a 'gangster' look to it for me and we all know that gangsters drive black cars...[emoji12]

The challenge is (with all custom builds), do you want all the cool modifications you did to be hidden or highlighted?
If you plan on showing the bike, an all black palette may cause judges to miss some of the extremely cool work you did.
In the end, it's your bike, your vision, go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was to paint it black it would definitely have to be a satin black . But I think it would need some accent colors for the details.
You may have seen this bike . I don't remember who built it but it's one of my favorite that was done in satin black . He did some pinstripes that accented it nicely.
e91cbdb22ba8b776f74dd3cf0ad020ba.jpg
33282ae8127d9445ce7d0c05f8c907cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't know who built that bike, but I've seen it in person. I think it was at a links n kinks swap meet here in Ohio.
It's a very nice bike.

Thanks all.. it will be all black but not shiny it will be satin/semi gloss and maybe a few small shiny parts I mentioned in a previous post and KF yes it will be 2 toned black to make different things stand out, I am just on the fence patina or not but time is short. Thanks for all the comments always keeps my gears turnin.

rear fender mounts, nut will slide in tube and plug weld it and weld tube to fender be bolted thru top lower tube

these finally showed up today

started hacking up a stem to get the angle I wanted to follow with a part of the fork

then seen this in the parts store yesterday :39:

Latest posts

Back