Blackout... brighter pics. added... guess I made a hotrod and got mooned again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I found a tank kinda... should be here this week but its rough :eek: probably be swiss cheese when I blast it as it already has some holes with other pix I received but only one I can come up with right now and I don't think I will have time to make one with everything else that needs to be done so take what ya can get sometimes and make it work although a better one would sure make my day (hint for any out there)

Last edited:
until the tires come in I can't chop up fenders yet to extend and gotta decide on final design for front anyways but here's just one of the rough mockups would need to be thinned out more going back though I think if I go with something like this

That is going to look "evil", in black, with that front fender. Nice symmetry, with the line front to back, catches your eye...NICE!

I will say it again, I love that fork. Looks like a vintage version of the Girvin forks that came on the Pro-Flex bikes, wonder if its where they got the inspiration? Looks much better on a vintage bike compared to the Girvin in my opinion. Cant wait to see the finished product!

keep the rubber side down!

Thanks all... tires should be here this week along with a rough tank. I held off on blasting everything until tank shows up so can do it all at once. And my box showed up from the UK today 1 1/2 - 2 weeks early from estimated arrival date :) and I am pumped :rockout: wondering if I made a wrong choice but the more I look at the part I can make it work with frame modification and some modification to the part I hope and its something in all my searches have not seen it Custom adapted to a vintage bike, so What's in the box :whistle:

Nope not a engine, thought about one and was looking into electric conversion kits also but once I seen the cool bikes already started here with those additions decided to go a different way, I may be throwing myself under a bus though:21:

tank and tires came in and a Big Thanks to Kingfish for recommending these BOA-G's its just what I was envisioning for this build Big 'ol tires to fill up the fenders :happy: the hookworms I first tried as soon as I put them on I didn't like the fit or tread pattern for this bike I was only searching for tires 2.5-2.75 so these never came up, never thought a 3.45 would fit guess I need to spend more time searching stuff :shake:These are tight but will work one way or another I hope with another modification I need to make :39: time will tell

not a lot new every time I had time to blast everything its been raining and today while nice couldn't pull away from watching the Indy 500 tomorrow will diff. be a blasting day though so I can start cutting and welding, will throw this out anyways, my new bottom bracket

tank and tires came in and a Big Thanks to Kingfish for recommending these BOA-G's its just what I was envisioning for this build Big 'ol tires to fill up the fenders :happy: the hookworms I first tried as soon as I put them on I didn't like the fit or tread pattern for this bike I was only searching for tires 2.5-2.75 so these never came up, never thought a 3.45 would fit guess I need to spend more time searching stuff :shake:These are tight but will work one way or another I hope with another modification I need to make :39: time will tell
Those huge tires look sick! Lovin this bike.

finally had time to blast everything while the weather was nice and as I suspected the right side of tank turned into swiss cheese, thank goodness for fiberglass mat will be laying a layer of that on the inside as its just to thin to weld. now time to reassemble and start cutting,fitting and welding things up

I hear that train a'comin', comin' round the bend.....
The 'heavy bike' look is popular with builders this BO. Yours def has it going on!

Latest posts

Back