Blackout... brighter pics. added... guess I made a hotrod and got mooned again

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 12 BUILD JOURNALS' started by Blackout, May 2, 2017.

1. KOTA

KOTA

Great bike. Pics look good...Flat black is better than no black. This bike wasn't built just for the build off. It was built to be used. It will probably be painted a "few" times in the future. Get that thing together!

Blackout likes this.
  2. G-Matt

G-Matt

Back in Black is where it's at .shes going to be sick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackout likes this.
  3. kingfish254

kingfish254 CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF! Pro Member

Johnny Cash approves!!!!

[​IMG]

Blackout and Scribble like this.
  4. Blackout

Blackout

decided to leave a couple things shiny, I need to get things black that showed up in the box next.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. kingfish254

Who said monochromatic can't be sexy! Get that beauty put together man!

6. Blackout

Blackout

well this build is not what I had visioned for paint was thinking 2-3 variations of black to make things stand out but had no time so ended up in black primer and had no time to paint the moons correctly today with the weather so guess they will go naked for now but guess they do make other things stand out though. I know I did moons last year but this thing needed them being a cruiser/hotrod type build wanted to throw them on guess its the car guy in me. I will throw it in finished builds as I came this far but will be torn down and redone again.
    [​IMG]

7. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

Beautiful!!!
    How were you planning to paint the discs?

8. Blackout

Blackout

Thanks TRM,
    I was thinking a matte Black I still have the vision of it all black with different blacks to make stuff stand out but it might have been a blessing though with the rain all morning as this is growing on me. When I paint aluminum or nice chrome I never scuff it clean with lacquer thinner and do not touch after then spray a high quality etching primer on and paint directly over that never have had a issue with flaking and if you ever want to go back paint stripper and your good to go back to shiny.
    Had to get a pic. with Bare Bonnie
    huge sprocket------ No sprocket
    [​IMG]

Mikes_70, SwissGuy, RustyGold and 2 others like this.
  9. The Renaissance Man

The Renaissance Man __CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster) Pro Member

I'm surprised by how much bigger it looks than Bonnie! That's still one of my all time favorites!!!

The various black sheens will look good when you do it, I did the same thing a couple of years ago and I love the way it looks.

It's hard to see much of the differences in these pics, but this was mine:

Blackout likes this.
  10. kingfish254

That turned out great. I had a feeling you might be using moonies again. Love the pic of both bikes. Kinda like Spy Vs Spy
    CONGRATS!!!

OddJob and Blackout like this.
  11. Blackout

Blackout

Wanted to add these to my finished thread but guess that's closed should have posted more detailed ones last night I guess Oh Well.....
    Took these this morning Oh What I would have gave for sunshine yesterday when I was scrambling for pics. at the end of day. I really need to give myself a couple days to get out and get alot better pics. next time :headbang:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Blackout

Blackout

13. OddJob

OddJob

Bike turned out well. I'm just curious, how does the drive shaft ride ? I've never ridden one. Any sound, tension (like a chain has), etc?

The Renaissance Man likes this.
  14. Blackout

Blackout

Thanks, I don't really hear the gears I do need to grease them up more and put the cover on which I misplaced :rolleyes: seems to pedal like a normal bike have just gone down the road a couple times one issue I do have is in the rush to get it rideable by the deadline I had to improvise as my machinist buddy could not squeeze in getting bronze bushings made I needed so I took a washer to space the gear out from hub a little to mesh with drive gear took a metal freeze plug drilled a hole in it and shimmed it just off the gear but obviously the metal on metal will not be good long term at all even greased, as the gear needs to turn but not the bushing that needs to hold the gear on splines so will still need to replace that for the long term.
    [​IMG]
    I am hoping to bring both bikes to a rod show next weekend weather permitting.

15. bikewhorder

bikewhorder

Really nice coherent design. Everything looks "factory correct"

16. Jake Sensi

Jake Sensi

BEAUTIFUL BIKE MAN. I WISH I COULD FIND SOME MOONIES. TAKE A BOW. PEACE

Blackout likes this.
  17. Blackout

Blackout

I threw a short ride video on the BO 12 finished bikes thread last week. I am not tech savvy so took awhile to figure it out.

OddJob likes this.