BlackJacked ~~ Done Jack!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BlackJacked ~~ Back on Track!

Thanks Skip & Steve! I love those forks & the powder coat turned out perfect in my opinion. I am real happy with it so far, just seems like I have no time for this build. Going to have to make time. Cameron, I'm still kicking, hope to get more done this weekend. Thanks for looking!

I didn't like the way the copper turned out on these wheels, so I decided to go with black chrome which was my original idea. Since I didn't want to dismantle the wheels, I decided to rattle can them instead. Found a suitable match, masked off the front wheel & shot it. I like it much better than the copper. Front wheel is done, back wheel will be painted today, sprocket & brake arm will be powder coated black chrome. Not a lot of contrast with the flat black but clean & subtle is what I am shooting for.

Front wheel done (red valve stem caps will not be used).

Back wheel partially masked for painting.

That wheel color looks much better! :D

I don't have a build this year, no room for another bike at the moment :cry:

Re: BlackJacked ~~ Back in the Black!

SCHWINNRAY69: Wish you were in this year. You can always find a place for another bike!

Got a handful of parts sandblasted & coated black chrome today:

But, this is my favorite piece so far, my headbadge:

Pick, explain that to my Dad :lol:

Those plated parts looks sweet! :D The badge is outstanding, who made it? :shock:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Pick, explain that to my Dad :lol:

Those plated parts looks sweet! :D The badge is outstanding, who made it? :shock:

Need me to call him & talk him into it? :lol: :lol:

Fellow member "axsepul" made the headbadge. He does awesome work! 8)

Whenever I see black chrome photos, I think its just bad lighting for the picture. Looks sweet.
I reallllllllllllly like that headbadge!

It really doesn't photo very well unless you are in direct sunlight. Looks pretty cool in person though! I think it will look good with the matte black.

Great looking frame, sweet headbadge!

Finally a little more progress. Got the back wheel finished, took my seat apart & coated the spring/frame assy. black chrome. Coated the stem. Did another mock up. Not sure I'm sold on the bars & I may or may not use this seat. Still need to strip forks & coat matte black, it's satin now. Any suggestions/ideas are welcomed!

This is the seat before coating:

Todays mock up:

Pick,

Bike is looking great!
Those are my favorite style of bars.... They can be tough on the knees but with the lay-back seat post should give you lots of room
Also IMHO the stem needs to be a few inches lower all the way down to the fork spring, it will really make
The lines flow.

I love that long seat!
Great mock up!

Latest posts

Back