BlackDiamond V Diabolical_Dork V ChicagoMuscle Guy Buildoff

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
started cutting vinyl logos after dinner. I dont have a fancy vinyl cutter but a really sharp exacto knife is only $3 8)
photo-20.jpg

photo-21.jpg

photo-22.jpg

photo-23.jpg

More to come.

Your wife lets you keep that many bikes in the house???? What's up with that??? :mrgreen: :lol:

pick said:
Your wife lets you keep that many bikes in the house???? What's up with that??? :mrgreen: :lol:
i ran put of room in the garage. plus she is the koolest wife ever. The day we got married I was riding wheelies on my stingray in the house. My mom took a picture thinking she would get me in trouble when my wife saw it. my wife just said "yeah he does that" :lol:

Oh and shes not at home right now so that helps too. I will look for that pic

photo-24.jpg

Here it is. The Stingray I am riding in this pic now belongs to my 10 year old son. It has been repainted.

I have to agree with you, your wife is cool! That pic is awesome too, but you are cheating with the wheelie bar! :lol: :lol:

Oh, and I think a dog must have pee'd on your pantleg! :mrgreen:

Dude you know I am wheelie impaired! Funny I remember why my pants were wet. I had a waterline break in the bathroom just before that. It was an eventful morning. Worst ice storm I remember that evening too. We got stuck in Kansas City and I didn't bring a coat. :D

Just messin with you bro! 40 some years ago, I was the wheelie king of the neighborhood! I could ride one for blocks. I will duck out of your build thread now & let you all get to buildin! I will be watching though, lookin very interesting so far.

Diabolical_Dork said:
I saw your avatar! Nice! How many stingrays do you have? I have four that need finishing three of them pictured in this thread. :mrgreen:
The others can be seen in the stingray thread. I will wait to see what BlackDiamond says before posting pics, but I put my parts on the already painted coaster frame.

Including the one I'm building here I have eight, all single speed right now that's how I like them. Will try and post them to the Stingray thread in the next few days to share.

Now for you, check this guy out, yesterday you had a Bunch of parts and today you got a rideable bike, Wow nice job, looking good. That Wheelie pic is way cool, funny you were doing it in the house. I don't think I would do that now. Ha, ha!

So I got a little more done today, put the S-7's on so I could see how it's going to look, may have to stick with the rear S-7 till the weather gets better need to do a H.D. Degreasing of the S-2 hub and need to be outdoors for that. Coming out the way I hoped so far. Hoping to get to the Crank and kickstand this weekend and start final fitting everything.

31949d0b59e5aac19e45df8fa0209472.jpg

a913bdfd15e1d763357368f42beba516.jpg

^^^Lookin good man!^^^ Thats gonna be a sweet ride.

I got a couple more stickers made. my eyes and fingers are tired, so I am done for now. been messing with this bike pretty much all day. Fun stuff.
photo-25.jpg

Looks Sharp, you did a nice job with nothing more than a $3 hobby knife. I went ahead and posted my Stingrays on the Stingray Only Thread started by Black Diamond.

What's that purple Sears bike I see upside down in the background?

That is a Ted Williams 5 Speed. Been thinking about selling it. It doesnt get as much love as the Stingrays do. used the whiewalls on my ray build
utf-8BSU1HMDAyNDUtMjAxMjA3MjMtMjAyNi5qcGc.jpg

This was before the 5 speed parts were put back on.

That's a cool looking bike, but your right the off brands never get as much attention as the Stingrays. And many just don't hold much market value nor are they sought over like the Schwinn's. it's a shame because there really are some cool ones out there. Recently I was selling a Ross Baracuda 3 speed, I basically gave it away in order to move it and it was mint, where as I had a semi rusted Ray and that sold in under a week. I will still drop money on an off brand if I like it, I just hope if I decide to move it I can get my money back.

took it out and rode a bit. Havent ridden a single speed Ray in so long I cant remember. This little bugger SHREDS! What a blast! She-Hulk likes it a lot too. :lol:
photo-27.jpg

This isn't a 64 but you are welcome to come over and ride it anytime.

Diabolical_Dork said:
This isn't a 64 but you are welcome to come over and ride it anytime.

I think mine was either a 64 or 65, it was purple, 2 speed kickback & I think it had chrome fenders that I took off. I put a ton of miles on that one. I may have to take you up on the ride. Can I see if I can still ride a wheelie??? :lol: :mrgreen:

You guys are giving me the Stingray bug now! I do think the Ted Williams bike is pretty cool too.

Ok,ok, it looks good in the sun too, now stop making us jealous that yours is done and ours aren't. All kidding aside it really looks great, like the silver sparkle banana seat it's Kool. Hoping to get the sprocket in mine tomorrow, but I am still waiting for a chain, the bike shop forgot to order it. I may have to slap a stock one on it till the other comes in, we'll see.

It's not "done" I just don't have the patience to wait til it is. Had to ride it. I need to finish it this weekend. The parts for my redline rain city chopper will be in Monday. I have been waiting a long while for that. I have never ridden it.

pick said:
Can I see if I can still ride a wheelie??? :lol: :mrgreen:
You guys are giving me the Stingray bug now!
Sure, remember we don't heal as fast as we used to though. You need a stingray Pick!

Latest posts

Back