Black Varsity

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this Schwinn in a dumpster. It was just the frame set handle bars cranks and rear wheel. The rear wheel has the front free wheel free wheel on it. I'm going to replace it with a normal free wheel. I did replace the handle bars cranks and stem. I need to put a new axle on the rear wheel because the one that's on there now is bent. The original handlebars had para cord wrapped around them as bar tape. I just decide to keep the original handlebars and stem in one piece to put on the splay because it was such a fancy wrap job.
20200113_165313.jpg

20200113_165322.jpg

20200113_165352.jpg

Nice. The old Schwinn paint will shine up nice with a couple coats of car paste wax. Their chrome was good too.
I've straightened out a few axles by laying the bare axle on a piece of wood to protect the threads and tapping with a mallet until they rolled straight.
upload_2020-1-14_8-51-6.jpeg

Nice. The old Schwinn paint will shine up nice with a couple coats of car paste wax. Their chrome was good too.
I've straightened out a few axles by laying the bare axle on a piece of wood to protect the threads and tapping with a mallet until they rolled straight.
View attachment 111600
The bike was originally baby blue. Someone painted it flat black. It went from cute 10 speed to tough guy singlespeed with no front brake.

View attachment 111600
I got w wheel for free with a totaled rim. The hub is in new condition. I think I will steal the axle from that.

Latest posts

Back