black stretched streetracer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to make this as clean and lightweight as possible,
but i have to have a rack!
Nexus 3 speed, 52/16, alu shimano vintage race crankset, micargi mustang gts frame,
kronan frontfork, lepper seat, need a black lunchbox..
IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

Thanks, but i took the big /black/fat / Gel-Seat off to replace it with a lighter, more stylish and equally comfortable
leather seat, made in holland.
I know what chainguards are for, but do not have any that fits the 52 teeth front-sprocket :roll:

That thing looks nice! How is it to pedal that beast up a hill? I've been looking at this bike lately and it just plain looks like it'd be impractical to ride very far.

Thanks!
Amsterdam is relatively flat as is the rest of Holland, we have bridges, and cyclepaths in the dunes though.
Going uphill is not bad, you can put a lot of strength in the bike, pushing the pedals while firmly holding on to the apehangers.

Contrary to appearances this geometry is very comfortable, practical and fast like a dragster.
I have outrun people who wear lycra outfits more expensive then my bike :lol:
Did 40 km in roughly 2.5 hours no problem,
some saddlepain yes.

karl said:
...Nexus 3 speed, 52/16,

how's that workin' for you, like on hills and whatnot? one of my projects has a 52 front that i can't change. been hoping maybe i could get one of those 7-8 speed hubs but i just don't have the cash. i can pull a 3 speed off a thrift store bike.

StreetCrwlr said:
That thing looks nice! How is it to pedal that beast up a hill? I've been looking at this bike lately and it just plain looks like it'd be impractical to ride very far.

both my main cruisers are similar to this. if you put some kind of backrest or like a lip on the seat that you can push back against, accelerating and hills are a lot easier.

I was thinking the same thing. The more I look at the bike the more I can see how you could put some real force to the pedals. Some back support would definitely help imo. I hope I run into somebody locally that has one I can ride before I spring for one. I can really crank my single speed up a hill but I have a really upright riding position on it. I have yet to spend a whole lot of time on a 3 speed aside from a quick test on my girls bike to make sure it shifted through the gears smoothly before we bought it.

I have to say it again, that's a cool looking bike!

A backrest would be nice, i saw one once that could be attached to the seatpost.
As for the 52, i found it a bit too much in second and third, so i replaced it with a 44.
could have put a 19 in the rear, but the 44 is a better size for a chainguard.
Rides like a dream now.

Latest posts

Back