BO15 Black Magic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture of my Pops wrenching on a Blown Fuel Altered that he and Jim Miles ran in the 60s. I would like to do a tribute bike with a friend of mine from parts that I recently acquired. Our goal is to do a build while we have been told to stay home and keep it under $100. We have most the parts and will do some minor work to customize the fender and create a paint scheme to do the 'ol dragster proud. Starting with a 60s Schwinn Cruiser frame and forks.

Attachments

• Pops.JPG
    Pops.JPG
    178.5 KB · Views: 117
  • Cruiserparts.JPG
    Cruiserparts.JPG
    728.9 KB · Views: 119
Hey Lee, welcome to the fun of rat rod bikes summer build offs! I saw your post on my thread, bring on the hot rod racing machine~!
One cue on the posting of photos, after you upload , click on the 'Full size" option, that way the photos will appear as they should and we don't have to re-click on the thumbnail.
Keep those updates and photos coming! The real fun is getting a play-by-play of each step along the way, and hearing the input and kudos from the rest of the band.
RaT oN~!

Love the pic of your dad's dragster!

PICTURE POSTING TIP: Select the FULL IMAGE button when you upload your pics so that we see them full size without having to click on the thumbnails to embiggen them.

Nice work on the fender bob; and viola' ! You have a set!

Already diggin' the look with the vintage ww tires and the mag ring!

Looks like you've got a fun project to work on! I think that's an awesome way to pay tribute to your dad and his drag racing days. I look forward to seeing the finished build!
It's coming together. Thanks, I talked to his partner/driver/owner Jim Miles this past week and he's going to do some fabricating for me. Will make it a special build.

Some progress. Found a used thin MTB wheel for the front and mocked up a potential addition? Also, found a beefy rear tire for that drag rake. Fun planning it out.

Adding a panel to a canti cruiser is a good way to gain some real estate for graphics/color. I used a couple of pine boards on my 'rod.
I was talking with my Dads old racing partner Jim Miles who built the original Black Magic AA/FA and he said they used aluminum for the fire wall. Jim has even agreed to help fabricate the panel- he’s 86 and still working in his shop. This will be a neat touch

Latest posts

Back