Black Crown Tattoo WHER R U ANSWR yur PMs!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Has anybody received their parts yet, I have not and he does NOT answer his pm's...IFF he has sent out parts, THen he needs to JUST SAY SO...
Feed back would be nice

This ain't sounding so good.... :shock:

Good luck though.

If any of you use Instagram he is on there pretty regular, I quit following him there last week, but you could maybe make a special picture for him and tag him in it. Might look up his business too.

man o man i had a bad feeling about all these deals with BCT ..i sure hope things work out for all who are involved !!!
he did say in the build thread that everyone would get their stuff !!! hope that the case ...
good luck ya'll .
u 2 BCT !!!

I ordered that J.C. Higgins from him, paying $400 on NOV 29th. He disappeared from the site on DEC 17th. He or his wife is on Facebook regularly, but he wouldn't respond there, either. He reappears on this site on DEC 27th, and says that everybody is overreacting, and that everybody will get their items. He tells me that I can be a jerk on my PM's all I want, but there's nothing I can do about it. I'll get the bike when I get it. He said he would mail them out last Monday. He then disappeared again. I still haven't received the bike.

I just said a prayer for results (As the Good Lord see's fit) to end this sad situation. Not sure why this has happened, but I'm hoping the power of prayer is the answer for you good folks to receive what you have paid for in good faith. Those who believe and want to join in this effort are certainly welcome to do so.
I don't know Willy and his family, but I don't think it's going to hurt to pray for them too, as there is/are certainly reason/s for this whole episode.
Some folks might want to criticize me for my neutral stance on this, but I just thought a different approach might be in order. Best of everything to those of you affected.

Willy if your reading this man up brother do what you gotta do and ship/refund whatever works i dont want to see you on the banned list!!! you know how to reach me if you need to!!
RRB folks i hope Willy makes it right with everyone that he has deals going with (myself included)

You have 45 days to file a claim with Paypal, and it's been 40 days. In the next two days, I'm going to have to file a claim against him. It might hurt him, but I need resolution.

I might have killed myself though, as I might have paid as a gift, and you probably can't file a claim on that. I honestly can't remember if I did, or not. I won't "gift" ever again on large purchases. A few ruining it for the many.

My communications with him when I donated the prewar stem for the auction bike went well, and I got the feeling he's an upstanding guy. I hope my instincts end up being right. I'm gonna join RS on his prayer that this ends well. Cuz if it doesn't, I'll be mad that I didn't give the stem to my friend Skip instead.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
My communications with him when I donated the prewar stem for the auction bike went well, and I got the feeling he's an upstanding guy. I hope my instincts end up being right. I'm gonna join RS on his prayer that this ends well. Cuz if it doesn't, I'll be mad that I didn't give the stem to my friend Skip instead.

Yeah, I kind of have the feeling that he is a good guy with some bad things going on. I mean I "gave" him a set of red tires and something else for a project he was working on. He said he was going to give me a clamp/badge as a return favor. I haven't seen them, but I mean it wasn't a trade or anything. I did not "expect" anything for the parts I sent. It was more to help each other out. I do hope that everyone who has bought items gets there stuff or a refund. I still have faith it will work out.

As far as paypal gifts....I just don't do it unless I know the person or unless they are close enough that I could pay them a visit on a weekend. If I really want something, I'll pay a few % more. I am just not setting myself up to get burned.

My recommendation as the forum owner would be to file a claim with PayPal immediately if you have been waiting longer than 3-4 weeks to receive your items and the seller is not communicating. Unless stated up front that there would be a delay, waiting this amount of time without regular updates is just unacceptable.

Unfortunately this would not be the first time that someone who we all think is on the up and up fails to follow through on sale transactions. The truth is, there are thousands of people filing through here each month and you're going to run into this sort of thing from time to time. Some folks like to talk a good game, but come up with excuses for everything. After 7 years of running this place I've found that even long standing members who were reputable in the past can still turn on folks and rip people off...just ask member Henry Morgan about member dumpster_diver from Georgia.

I'm an extremely busy person myself, and yet, if I sold some items to people and was unable to ship them immediately due to some unexpected circumstances I would move heaven and earth to make sure they knew about it and were updated regularly. If I knew it wasn't going to work out, I would refund everyone's money immediately and would gladly be willing to lose money in order to uphold my reputation...especially if I owned a business that I was promoting online.

As for the folks who donated parts to the auction bike project, I'm sorry to say that it looks like you are probably out of luck. From this point on members will not be allowed to start and forum supported project without first getting approval from the site owner.

Rat Rod said:
My recommendation as the forum owner would be to file a claim with PayPal immediately

I just tried. I guess I did send it as a gift, so I'm... oh yeah, can't cuss... out of luck.

Expensive lesson learned.

I sincerely hope he does the right thing and makes good on his obligations but I agree with Rat Rod, file a claim within the time you can if you can. I always try to be fair with everybody because I want them to be fair with me. My feedback speaks for itself.

deven_science said:
Rat Rod said:
My recommendation as the forum owner would be to file a claim with PayPal immediately

I just tried. I guess I did send it as a gift, so I'm... oh yeah, can't cuss... out of luck.

This is why requesting funds as a "gift" should always raise a flag. I will gladly pay a few extra bucks to cover Paypal fees to have accountability built into the transaction. I will NEVER purchase from someone who demands payment as a gift. Mark up your asking price a few bucks if you are really worried about it. Irritates me to no end...

deven_science said:
Rat Rod said:

I think I'm in the same boat, I sent a Postal MOney order.........@#$%^&*<>+..... :x

outsider13 said:
I think I'm in the same boat, I sent a Postal MOney order.........@#$%^&*<>+..... :x
The USPS has rules against mail fraud. If you kept your receipt you can check to see if the money order was cashed. If it has and you have not received your goods then the seller committed mail fraud. IT might be worth checking in to.
Contact your local postal inspector to file a claim for fraud.

Don't put that much faith in paypal when you are buying from private sellers, Paypal will help out when purchasing from online retailers, but very seldom step in on private transactions.

I had a trade with him that went beautifully. But I suspect that what I was trading was of the higher value and cost much more to ship than what he was trading. Maybe that's why it went so easily. I too don't send as a gift. I just offer to pay the extra % as well. If they say no, then a definite red flag. Hoping this all works out, but it isn't looking good.

Latest posts

Back