Black Betty-Rat Racer (new pic 5/6)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So it's starting to get warm and I want a light bike I can put some serious miles on. Started with the Univega Gran Spirit I found at the dump in Oct.
Emsbikes028-1.jpg

Rode it 10mi to work and relized I hate drop handlebars. My Specialized Crossroads commutter bike has bullhorns so this is what I came up with:
emsbikes076.jpg

Rides real nice like this.If I wanna sit upright I've got the top of the brake levers! Then I decided to remove the ugly stickers.(especially the rainbow)After a couple of hours with the heat gun the were off.Big problem-They had a light clear coat over them.Nice ghost lines! Decided to hang her up for the winter.Pulled her down this weekend and stripped'er down and painted.
emsbikes075.jpg

Ordered up some toeclips and grip tape.Hope to be on the road this weekend!Might have to order up some clothes for this alter-ego bike......SpandexMan! :lol: :lol: :lol: Ride On! :wink:
L8 EM

Re: Black Betty-Rat Racer

like it so far, post pic of it finished span dex man.lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

Thankfully I dont look like that guy!5'9"-160 :wink:

:x THANKS HOOTCH! :x That FAT man is gonna be all over my topic!JK :wink:
L8 EM

Remember, spandex is a privilege not a right.

Cool bike, and you found it in the DUMP :shock:

The flat paint and bullhorns will look killer, can't wait to see it finished :D

-Mp

Hooch said:
cool bike!
spandex and me wouldnt be very purdy
fatguyinspandex-1-01.jpg

I'm sorry, I could't resist!............Oh yeah, nice bike.

is it done yet span dex man,lol

Outlaw :mrgreen:

HERE'S MY HEADBADGE-------------------

emsbikes079.jpg

Still waiting for stuff...... :roll: :roll: :x
L8 EM

aka_locojoe said:
Neat. What is it made from?
It's a vinyl decal. Centered her body dead center and trimmed around the lugs. After I took the pic, I taped off the frontend and added 3 coats of clear on the headtube only. Don't what her to jump off! :wink:
L8 EM

SHE"S looking beautiful!..........Did you spray the first couple of coats of clear on "dry" and then a wet coat?

Latest posts

Back