Bikes on bridges

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Renthals look good, I guess I'm used to seeing them with the extra cross bar
I have them on a couple bikes with the x bar. Only pic I could find with a bridge tho...:D
columbia good.jpg

Columbus Tenax?

Yes. First introduced by the Italian steel company, Columbus, in the 1930s. A slightly heavier version of Columbus SL as evidenced by a slightly smaller seat post diameter, cro-moly, double butted, drawn tubing. Schwinn used Tenax and Tenax SL on a number of mid range road bikes in the late 1980s. Super Sport, Premis, Prologue, Prelude, Tempo, Voyageur, Madison.

rick

Trek 820 (rare version with 24" wheels) on the Bridge of Lions. 16th Avenue in Czech Village, Cedar Rapids, Iowa over the Cedar River. That green hill in the back ground is Mount Trashmore. Local land fill for 100 years until it was closed for leaching in to the river. They built containment fields between it and the river which have become massive gnat hatcheries. There is a popular bike path on top of the containment embankments that is just miserable to ride on in the summer. Wear your mask or gag.

Lol sounds like urban planners from your town worked with the ones from mine, we have Big Ben, a former waste dump for the now dead paper mill in town, now a ski hill. I kid you not, the sign out front says "Recreation Area/Landfill".

Oh yeah, they built a scenic view purgola on top with mountain bike and hiking trails. This landfill was started long before there were urban planners or landfills built with clay liners, drainage systems and methane venting or collecting systems. And people still wonder what causes cancer. Okay, trails and ski runs work on a big shifting pile. You sure can't build anything solid on them and expect them to stay put. The City View Center in Ohio is a prime lesson on that with the bonus of gassing of the workers in the buildings.

'67 Fastback. I took the "correct" '67 bars off and tucked them away in the basement; the ends have a lousy down-swept angle that makes them uncomfortable. I got these cheap bars new off Fleabay a few years ago for a project that has since taken a different turn. I also have a vintage Wald set off a flea market bike that has a very similar curve/shape, but I liked these a little better.
20200616_200558.jpg
20200616_200610.jpg
20200616_200628.jpg

As much as I think it's cool to run the original Schwinn Slik, I get nervous about how old and cracked it is and I'm never sure if I should run it all the way to 60 psi to keep my fat butt from denting the rim on an unexpected pothole or pavement edge. Also, it has a hop in it where the bead seats too far into the rim, and I'm afraid to do too much prying and twisting on it to level it out. So I just ordered a set of Tioga PowerBlock BMX tires for it, 20 x 1-3/8 for the rear and 20 x 1-1/4 for the front. Should be interesting.

1994 Trek 850?

Do you have any straight-on pics of those tires while mounted?

1995 actually.

I don’t have any on my phone but I’ll take some tonight when I get home. They are very high volume for a 2.1 and they roll awesome. They seem to be as big as a Schwalbe fat frank if my memory serves me right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New tires on the bike. 26x2.1 Panaracer Gravel Kings. Such awesome tires. Supple and grip for days.
View attachment 125974
Oooh 26" gravel tires, someone has been reading my diary! Those panaracers look FAT!
Love the Trek, I've got something similar up my sleeve. I'm still in the dark about 1x. What is the derailleur, how many gears, how many teeth on the crank?

Latest posts

Back