Bikes-Boards-Beaches, California Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Bikes-Boards-Beaches, California Build.

I'm thinking of building this concept I rendered electronically. Looking to get some feedback/Input.

I have a late 30's Roadmaster Frame I'm considering using. I also have the Shockmaster Springer. I'm Not sure if I'll go real wood or Faux Wood for the Tank.

I may use this build for the MBBO4 (To Be Decided) since it meets the criteria :)

i'd say real maple laminate wood just like the board , same wood grain / finish / color different woods will end up slightly different color even if using same stain or varnish..

looks promessing ^ nice render

This is cool!
The only thing I see as a potential 'gotcha' is your legs hitting the skateboard trucks. Other than that......woooo!
I may have a cool MX seat/sissy bar that would work on it, PM me if this becomes a reality.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks great! You could use wood veneer for the accents. I used a few pieces to highlight a couple of racks and they've been stuck on for years.

Not sure with the width, but if there's a concern with legs hitting trucks, there might be a way to make a bracket mount for the skateboard where it could do double duty as a fender.

I'd go with real wood for the tank,and maybe either mount the skate board vertically or possibly a continental style rear mounting point.

Rendering looks cool,hope to see it come to life no matter what you decide for the tank.

Latest posts

Back