Bike Themes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I turned a 95' Schwinn into a 1890's archbar with a Steampunk theme for the WBO, and I've built a few Steampunk guitars... But when I thought of tubes in the plexi tank, I actually had to search for a theme to fit! Tubes ain't steampunk! Flash Gordon serials started in 1936 same year as my bike, tubes and thirties styling led me to Atom Punk a subgenre of sorts... I'm not sure I've been successful... Copper plumbing straps while attractive, lead the mind back to Steampunk which lots of people have heard of, and away from Atom punk...
So in some ways a theme can be a struggle, but it gives me a target...

Carl.

you want a dood bad bikes look up cars that are built wit so many doo dad that you can find the bike or the car in there , they just stick whatever the find on their ride & parade up & down the streets !

Theme...scheme...thing....doesn't matter....! We enjoy making things......Actually I agree with the majority (I think it is).. doing a theme is definitely just a jumping off point...a point origin of the thought process....culminating in something extraordinary....or maybe not so much so but "ours" and something you don't pick up at Wally World. We are a different bunch....no doubt...but driven by a force that has plagued mankind for centuries...the urge to do something ....something man.....something..."the unbridled creative spirit that drives men (& women) to do and achieve the unthinkable (the majority)....just saying!

^ you're right there... I have so many "hobbies" to other peoples eyes, but to me I'm just a builder. I've made a computer desk/recording deck out of and old upright piano. I make guitars out of cigar boxes and gas cans. I rebuild or remodel stuff every day. My kids and I play chess with lego teams, medieval vs robot aliens... A theme narrows the perspective and concentrates the craziness and/or creativity...

Carl.

If i had started this build with the intent to use the iron cross frame with my trike i would have totally gone WWI Red Baron, but I already a game plan going when I decided to swap frames.

Latest posts

Back