Bike Sales Are UP !!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For real. Anecdotal evidence: I went to Target yesterday. I always walk through the bike section. This is what it looked like:
20200522_173911.jpg

And this was the parts/accessories rack:
20200522_173922.jpg

I actually asked a kid working there stocking shelves in sporting goods... did they move the bikes somewhere else or are they really all gone?
He told me that's it, they're all sold. People are buying like crazy. He said he came in one day recently and found it like this and was surprised as I was.

Yeah. Unfortunately, the boom has raised the prices on the junk I hunt now. For a while, people were unloading stuff, good stuff, for cheap. Now, people are unloading cheap stuff for not cheap. Hard to predict the weather, or wether the boom will show up as a glut of bikes on the used market in a few months.

Yeah. Unfortunately, the boom has raised the prices on the junk I hunt now. For a while, people were unloading stuff, good stuff, for cheap. Now, people are unloading cheap stuff for not cheap. Hard to predict the weather, or wether the boom will show up as a glut of bikes on the used market in a few months.
That's the way I see it. Play the long game. Get ready to pick all these bikes up cheap at yard sales in the summer of 2021.

The local bike shop I go to is sold out of everything but the highest end bikes. They can't keep tubes or chain lube in stock either. They had to stop taking bikes for servicing for a bit cause they couldn't keep up with the number coming in. Heck when I was furloughed for a week they offered me a job for the week.

I've sold over $11K in bike stuff since the first of the year. It's good to be the kingfish. :D

Lol at first I missed the "K". Thought you were bragging about eleven bucks. Sometimes it's hard being Matti

:D :D 2 of those K's were from selling Rockafella and another 1.3 of them was the frame from Holeshot.

I'd blame the lazy jerks on the floor of their warehouse, but it's too hot to leave this air conditioned cafeteria! Seriously though, it's hard to keep up with the demand, with all the people not at work, we're about ten days behind on our orders.

Trust me, there's no bikes sitting in their distribution centers. Things like bikes come in Receiving and are out the door in 24 hours.

I can provide photos of trailers full of bikes. And racking full of the stuff. I'm in the distribution center now. I can show you bikes we received over a year ago if you want.

*I was being facetious about the lazy jerks, I am talking about myself.

Wow things have changed. Bikes were not stocked in the DCs in the 90s. At least not in DC6016. They came in and went out. I wonder why that changed.

Latest posts

Back