Bike Park score!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the Morro Bay bike park the other day and saw this hanging out by the tool table and nobody around. It was still there and nobody coming to get it when I left an hour and a half later so I rescued it. Just in case I left a note with my name and number in case the owner wanted it back(no calls in 4 days so far). The rear brake had and interesting no-fix fix of tying the canti-brake cable that’s supposed to be on the hanger arch off to the seat stay support which I removed. I then reinserted the brake cable housing into its braze-ons and used one of the work bench wrenches to adjust the cable and fixed perfectly. It was also sans a seatpost/seat and grips and had flat tires. Today I sourced a seat post and seat from one of my donors and shimmed it with a mini tomato juice can. I pumped up the tires and took it for a quick back yard lap and discovered the shifter cables are seized. Other than that this thing looks like the scratches came from being shuffled around a garage. Not sure it’s ever really been ridden. The interwebs tell me it’s an ‘89. Reminds of my first MTB an ‘88 Stumpjumper!
35215EBA-064C-4F51-A866-1E7E5B676DB4.jpeg
FDC25139-DAF9-475C-8CE5-85A2DFAEE6D3.jpeg
66447BC2-CCFE-43A6-8A8E-CC5C15D3737B.jpeg
20D47FFB-F69C-46FB-88AE-FD74EDF7FC93.jpeg

The seat is low because my wife has laid claim, unfortunately for her this appears to be the 19.5” frame so it’s probably not going to work for her. I just need her to get on and realize that, by golly, it’s just too tall for her to comfortably ride:21:

Nice save! Picked up some for cheap at the Police bike auction, Make great projects.
Yeah, I’m tripping that someone just left this there. Granted it was unrideable as I found it but it blows my mind. Of course I forget that not everyone has mechanical project skills and then I remember that not everyone has mechanical project skills and it makes sense.

Yeah, I’m tripping that someone just left this there. Granted it was unrideable as I found it but it blows my mind. Of course I forget that not everyone has mechanical project skills and then I remember that not everyone has mechanical project skills and it makes sense.
My Miyata came in sad shape with old steel wheels from a wally mart Roadmaster, https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/1987-miyata-terra-runner.110317/

index.php
index.php

Ya, maintainance not strong suite with previous owner.
index.php
:banana::dance2::banana:

Latest posts

Back