BUILD CHALLENGE DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
musclebike scratch built bike build off?
im thinking of having a build off with someone as i just designed this frame:
projectsart008.jpg

cheers,
Jake

oleskool said:
musclebike scratch built bike build off?
im thinking of having a build off with someone as i just designed this frame:
cheers,
Jake

I'm in for the anything goes muscle bike build off. Anyone else? Jake is thinking 6 weeks which roughly makes it 1st March deadline...

The bike I'm thinking off building is sort of a cross between "MplsCoaster's" 24inch Eliminator: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=51106&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60
and "RailRider's" purple Huffy top fuel rail: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=64955

Jake is 13 years old, I am 31, if we got someone around 45 and someone 60 or so, we could make it a battle of the generations... :wink:

Luke.

Sorry for being a dumbo on this one!!

Just found the build off #8 thread and one of the rules says you put all your build pic's up as one thread
so you do this when you finish in one post? So you don't post pic's as you build, is that correct?

Sorry if this is a silly question! Thank you,,,,,,,

Kinda confusing wording there, it means all your build goes into one thread in the Build Off 8 area. So you post pics and progress as you go.
Check out previous build offs to get more of an idea.
viewforum.php?f=67

Luke.

Pushie Pirate said:
Sorry for being a dumbo on this one!!

Just found the build off #8 thread and one of the rules says you put all your build pic's up as one thread
so you do this when you finish in one post? So you don't post pic's as you build, is that correct?

Sorry if this is a silly question! Thank you,,,,,,,

Each builder creates their own thread in the RRBBO8 Build Forum. You use your thread from Day 1 to document your thoughts, your starting point, and the steps along the way. Look through some of the build threads of past Build Offs and you will see that the build off is just as much about the journey as it is about the before and after photos. It's a blast to be a part of!!!!

Wooden bike challenge guy ?
would be for next spring ... just asking now cause people willing to do this are kind of rare
for the info , i never did a frame from scratch , much less in wood , but have some wood working background and always wanted to try this..
anyone ?

Wooden bike build sounds I'm better with wood than I am with metal. Been doing carpentry all my life just got into metal working

asjr0803 said:
Wooden bike build sounds I'm better with wood than I am with metal. Been doing carpentry all my life just got into metal working
Nice! so we could be 4 already up for the challenge , lets try to gather more people during the cold season :mrgreen:

How much metal? Head tube, seat tube, BB and rear dropouts? I could probably do this too.
I am a carpenter among other things... Plywood Flyer is mine!

ERRRRK! (brake skid sound...) What about the fork?

GuitarlCarl said:
How much metal? Head tube, seat tube, BB and rear dropouts? I could probably do this too.
I am a carpenter among other things... Plywood Flyer is mine!

ERRRRK! (brake skid sound...) What about the fork?
yeah , i was thinking of wood as what is going to hold everything together (wooden structure) ... yeah using regular tubing and attachements ar a must tho if we don't want the thing to weigh a tone ... (only wood joining the stearing tube / BB /dropouts ) fork i could understand using a regular one for safety if you feel it would not be safe
attachment.php

img_wooden_bike_waldmeister.jpg

wood-art.jpg

tino_sana_wooden_bike_1.jpg

OH OH OH :shock: how'sa bout a link to them...
Especially them choppers... woohoo!
I doubt I'm able to turn a wooden wheel tho... :(

Latest posts

Back