Bike build woes.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fe29355c1bdbfdc95765467d65221e95.jpg

I’m building a Schwinn Stingray BMX bike for my soon to be 9 year old son’s upcoming birthday. I started ordering parts at the end of April. I have everything I need except for the back wheel. I’m using Skyway Tuff IIs. I have the front which I got lucky finding from Stanton Inc. For very reasonable price! But the rear is a nightmare! I’ve bought three so far and two early on with no sales acknowledgement! Both are paid for!!!
And I can’t get any answers!!! The third I just purchased off of eBay as I did on one of the previous 2 and am awaiting a tracking #....
I’m pretty sure I’ll get this third one that I paid a pretty penny for. This a rear with a coaster brake, hard to find!!! So far I’ve paid $380.00 for rear wheel I’ve yet to take delivery on!
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this situation before...
I’m probably not posting in the correct thread. Please forgive as I’m new to this site...
R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have ordered a chain guard for my CWC Roadmaster three times. Living in Europe and having to order parts from across the ocean does not help :) In a modern world not every delivery company and every seller can stand by their words, unfortunately. Mistakes happen more often then we would want, and the more you order stuff online - the more often you have to face it.
Hope your son gets a beautiful bike on his birthday and would ride it as much as we did as kids ;)
I am building same color Schwinn but a bigger size for my girlfriend now.

For (new) Skyway stuff, I go through planetbmx.com. They often have sales and you can pick up a set of white or black tuffs for under $120, some time as low as under $90. Colors cost more, of course.

Looking forward to seeing how this turns out...these are my origin bikes (20" cantilevers turned bmx).

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this situation before...
R

Yup, I ordered a fork through Amazon for my build off bike and the delivery day came and went with no fork, no updates. A week later I get a message that they are working on it and I have to wait another week before I could ask for a refund. Today is the day and the refund request was sent but I haven't received validation yet. Three weeks, no fork, grrrrrrrrr. I want to mock it up before I start paint & such. There is a happy ending to the story though, Atomic Cycles came to rescue and my fork should arrive early next week.

I can’t believe these people!!
I thought I found a wheel on eBay and again crickets!!!!!!!
No shipping details no communication it’s been a week
Wheel #3
Virtual buying is on its way out with me....

Last edited:
check out the seller via reviews, Yelp, BBB.
A practice that has kept me both diligent in purchasing and quick to make all of my fleabay sales proper every time. I had a buyer claim that a bench-tested part was not good and just straight-up refunded them. There are unscrupulous people everywhere, but not everyone is that way.

I've had two orders from ebay not ship or reply to my inquiries until I put in for a refund request. Then miraculously they appeared on the tracking soon after.

Same. Even drop them a nice note asking when it might be shipping out. Silence.....until you pull the trigger on a dispute or refund. Then it's miraculously in the mail

People suck

Latest posts

Back