• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Big Ol' Lot - Complete Bikes and Parts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
(Okay, so I hope this isn't against the rules. I'm posting a photo, price, and location to make sure it's a legit "for sale" post, but this is more of a feeler thread to see if anyone is interested before I haul out ALL of my stuff to take inventory and photos. Again, this IS a legit sale, and I'm not trying to skirt the rules or anything. If this can't stay up, I understand - just please don't ban me.)

So I've been a member here for a number of years, but lately things have come up that have prevented me from really staying in the hobby. As such, I'm looking to unload my complete collection as one lot. I'm trying to see if there is anyone in my area that would be interested. The entire lot would include several complete or mostly compete bikes, including a Schwinn, Elgin, a couple Western Fliers, and a couple other pre-war bikes. Several handlebars, crank sets, seats, pedals, and misc. items as well. I've had the bikes tucked away in the corner of my basement, as the photo shows (cobwebs are free). I would be more than willing to take inventory and detailed photos if anyone is seriously interested, of course. I'm located in Saginaw, Michigan, and this would be pickup only - you're probably going to need a trailer. I don't even really know what to ask for all this. I'd definitely be taking a loss, but I'd be happy with $500. I'm open to negotiation, too. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20201008_150028198.jpg
    IMG_20201008_150028198.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 350
I'd love some feedback on this. I know it's a long-shot to begin with, but if anyone is even slightly interested, feel free to speak up. I'm willing to go WAY down in price.

Pics! I'll add notes, but they won't be exhaustive, just general info. It should be assumed that all of these bikes are in "as-found" condition and would need some maintenance to be fully ridable, unless otherwise noted. New tubes and possibly tires would be recommended for most.

Western Flyer - found in a barn, rides well.
IMG_20201017_144659195.jpg

Western Flyer - bought at a flea market, seat is rough. Never ridden.
IMG_20201017_144533761.jpg

Schwinn "Chopper" - Schwinn cruiser frame with Collegiate(?) fork, misc. other parts. Rides well.
IMG_20201017_144439075.jpg

Western Flyer "Galaxy Flier" - bought off Craigslist. All original parts, as far as I can tell. One broken spoke on front wheel. Rides okay, hub brake could use an overhaul.
IMG_20201017_134056719.jpg

Pre-war Elgin - bought as a parts bike. Parts have been removed, with several fasteners broken off in the process. Old rattle-can job over original paint, as far as I can tell. Tank purchased off eBay is correct to the model, but not original to the bike. All parts in photo included.
IMG_20201017_144257353.jpg

Pre-war ??? - Yard-sale find. Crowned fenders, silver rattle-can job. Did not come with seat.
IMG_20201017_144049586.jpg

Pre-war ??? Frame - bought off eBay. 80/90's Murray fork attached. I do have the original fork as well but the tube looks slightly bent.
IMG_20201017_143546895.jpg

Pics of parts will be next!

Pre-war ??? - Yard-sale find. Crowned fenders, silver rattle-can job. Did not come with seat.
View attachment 141827

Pre-war ??? Frame - bought off eBay. 80/90's Murray fork attached. I do have the original fork as well but the tube looks slightly bent.
View attachment 141828

Pics of parts will be next!

Your CWC Western Flyer is around 1948, and the other frame is also CWC, probably around same time, maybe 1947. If you post frame numbers of those bikes i can date them for you if you want :)
Those two are very very lovely :)

There's a bunch of nice stuff there, I'd pay $500 for the pile of them, but Michigan is way outta my range, and a closed border divides us. I like the Schwinn chopper and the two straight bar cruisers a lot!

Latest posts

Back