Bicycle JUNKYARD going to the crusher

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I got a lead from a guy who has a small junkyard of bicycles. He scraps and his moving soon, so I have first dibs before it all gets crushed. I'll be out bright and early tomorrow morning. He sent me a few pics and it is qutie the mix, with tons more under tarps, he says.

I hope theres a nice middleweight or balloon tire in there, but I'm still excited! I've had a dry spell for a few months. Wish me luck!

The pancakes are cooking, we are about to leave! This is also a good chance to test out my new GPS I got for Christmas. Can't wait!

Well, I'm back. Sadly, I was so busy digging and haggling...I forgot to take pics of it all :( . I picked up a few things. He had some nice stuff in the garage and under tarps, but he didn't want to get into them until the other junk was gone..darnnit! I tried and he budged to finally let me look...oh, I'm ITCHY! He said he has even more I have not yet seen. He had an odd set of wheels though. They looked like discs, strange aluminum discs. He was asking $35 a piece, but they just weren't my cup of tea. I'm staying in touch with him and will make multiple trips as stuff is sold and uncovered. I've already laid my claim to stuff, so I'm safe. He doesn't have anything older than 1965 or so I'd say...so far. He is hoping he doesn't have to scrap until he gets down to the nitty gritty.

From the first trip (nothing too rare, but I can use this stuff)

1976 Huffy parts bike. I plan to salvage the sissy bar and wheels, the rest will be parted out. I am really bummed out about the fenders, though.
2216.jpg

2217.jpg

2218.jpg

WALD Mountain bike wheels circa mid 80s. Not worth much, but they are very clean and very straight which seem to be difficult to find. I need these for a project anyway.
2219.jpg

1980s? BMX wheels. Sure are odd balls. Never hard of the brand, but i couldn't beat the price.
2220.jpg

2221.jpg

Latest posts

Back