Best live concert...ever?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Best show i've seen would be either KoRn in Gothenburg 2005 or Blindside on Hultsfredsfestivalen (the hultsfred festival) in 2006, or Bullet For My Valentine on that same festival

DUDE!
blindside ROCKS
never seen em in concert though

Had to be killswitch Engage at the Webster theater in Hartford Ct .. they played all their old songs, all their new songs and seeing how they are one of my favorite bands I def. had a great time and enjoyed myself.

Pink floyd pulse tour at Texas stadium. I also saw Plant and Page no quarter tour reunion arena.

Rush. 2004 at the Marcus Ampitheater in Milwaukee for their 30th Anniversary Tour. I 've seen them many times and they just keep getting better. Ihope to see them again this summer, they are playing at the ampitheater again on the second night of Summerfest.

I've seen alot of concerts from many different bands, like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and Megadeth, to '80's hair bands, like Warrant, Bon Jovi, Poison, and classics, like The Rolling Stones, Billy Joel, Rush, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but the best live concert I've ever seen was Genesis. Phil Collins, man! I don't get it myself!

Back when it was Steve B.C. :lol: I saw many a concert....Metallica, Guns and Roses, Sound Garden, Beastie Boys, RUN DMC, KISS, Black Crowes, BB King, Lenny Kravitz, Sting, U2, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Jamiroquai, Pearl Jam, James Taylor,...I know, I'm all over the place.

I think the best show out of all of them was Sting or James Taylor. Both were at an outdoor amphitheater with my wife where we had good seats and they were in the evening with temps in the 70s and a cool breeze blowing....good times. :D

Hoping the best concert is the one I am going to July 11 in the mountains of Flagstaff AZ. When it is 115 here it should be in the 80s that night up there. It is at an amphitheater.Scored front row seat and got nice hotel room cheap off of hotwire. Oh the concert is BB KING. Seen him last year and once back in the mid 70s. I am just going to do the overnight thing, but I am taking my bike to visit a couple or three watering holes. 8)

The first time I saw Bela Fleck & The Flecktones at Caravan of Dreams (RIP). There's nothing like a great band at an ultra small venue.

HutchXL24 said:
The first time I saw Bela Fleck & The Flecktones at Caravan of Dreams (RIP). There's nothing like a great band at an ultra small venue.

Seeing Ian Moore at the same venue is a close second.

Drove up to Flagstaff, about 2 hours from here to go see BB King,plus its nice just to get up to the mountains. I travel light, bike ,ice chest and backpack :wink:
bbking002.jpg

Ominous clouds on the horizon
bbking003.jpg

It was done raining hard after I got into town, just sprinkles so I took the bike out and a half hour later Bam it was coming down in buckets. Lucky for me I was able to take refuge in a little dive called The Joint. Took cab to show and got a ride back from some folks I met at the concert.Had to go get the bike but felt it was only appropriate to stop back in the bar and say hi( until 2:00 am) :wink:
I wasnt able to get many pics of concert, as they were confiscating cameras. Heres the ones I was able to get at the end of the concert, these were taken from my seat 8)
bbking006.jpg

bbking011.jpg

bbking012.jpg

bbking014.jpg

bbking016.jpg

The one pic is the amphitheater. Just a note, my truck did not leave the hotel parking lot :wink:
It was a very long ride home, got up at 6:30 :cry:

This wasn't the best concert ever, but last night held my first house concert in the backyard. It was the first of a house concert series I am starting with some friends. The artist was a local singer/songwriter named Kate Hurley. We had about 20 people and it went pretty awesome. Friday the temp was 97, today it was 95, but yesterday the high was 74. Beautiful night for a concert. I'm looking forward to the next one. I'm thinking of making a house rule, if you play my house, I get to sing and play with ya :lol:

jeff

Most of the great gigs ive been to are Aussie bands you've never heard of :lol:

I loved Live when they came out. I listened to them throughout highschool, so it was pretty awesome to see them in person :D

I've seen Ash Grunwald (blues) a number of times, he is AWESOME. He usually plays solo, that box he is sitting on is his drum which he play by foot. He always gets the crowd into it too. One tour he had a guest drummer, the 'drum' was a car door which was hit with a hammer by a guy in a singlet (wifebeater), and there was a pickup mike next to it - sounded great! The last gig we went to was that good he recorded it and just released it on CD :D

We've also seen Angus and Julia Stone a number of times (roots). We started following them when they were doing singer/songwriter nights, now they're doing international tours! It's pretty awesome when your in a packed gig and you can here a pindrop the crowd are that enthralled waiting for the next song! One special gig that stands out was when I got my them to dedicate a song to my girlfreind to cheer her up (her fave song), because her freind had passed away that week :(

Another really good gig was Killing Heidi (rock) live and acoustic. The venue was this inner city place, really small and intimate. Tickets are $50 for the gig and dinner, which is an absolute bargain! We were second table from the stage, it was just a magical little gig.

Latest posts

Back