Best Brooks saddle b190?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there. This is my first post. I just got a Biria Easy Boarding 7 and I already custom ordered a laid back seatpost from Slowriderz. I want a super comfy saddle. It will be an upright ride. I wanted to get the b190 as it looks the widest and most comfortable. However, I am 5'5" and about 120lbs, so not a huge person. It says this is for heavy riders...will this work for me, or am I better off with a b135, b33, or b67? Also, is the aged leather much more comfortable then the regular leather? Thanks in advance. P.S. I am very new to bikes, so I just want something comfy for casual rides (I don't mind breaking it in though). Just got a Giant Wald 157 for the front to put my little dogs in.

I have a whole mess of Brooks saddles to pick from and I like the B33 best for upright riding on my Basman. One of my other bikes has a B190 and it is a little big on the butt for me. I'm the same height as you, but not as light. -haven't been that light for a while :lol:.

The widths are not the same on all of them. The B67 and B135 are 205mm, the B72 is 209mm, the B33 is 235mm, and the B190 is 249mm. I own 16 Brooks saddles that include at least one of each model above. I agree with Tater, the B33 is the most comfortable for an upright riding position, though I really like my B190's too, but I'm at least 50 pounds heavier than you and about 6 inches taller. For your size, I would strongly recommend the B33.

Edit: My girlfriend is about your size, if not a little smaller, and she loves her B33's.

Cheers,
Volt

OK, so I think I am leaning towards the b33 or the b67 in aged leather. So I do have a regular modern tapered seat post, will the b33 be a problem with that? It is a laid back seatpost. Thanks!

OK, so the b33 it is. Now what color.....?.? My bike is black, but I am leaning towards the honey seat. Not sure. My grips are a honey pleather. Wanted either black grips or something that would age like the saddle. All black bike with brown seat? Or should I go all black? Suggestions for good leather grips? Don't really like the Brooks grips.

The honey saddles look awesome when new, but don't expect for it to stay that color forever. They will get a little darker and browner in color with use and when you add the Brooks Proofide. share some pics of your new ride.

Thanks. I went with the b33 honey. I like the aged look better... So the new problem was I wanted grips that matched and would age as well. I went with these in custom sizes to accommodate the shifter. Got the honey with black thread. Can't wait to get everything on the bike.

I have a whole mess of Brooks saddles to pick from and I like the B33 best for upright riding on my Basman. One of my other bikes has a B190 and it is a little big on the butt for me. I'm the same height as you, but not as light. -haven't been that light for a while :lol:.

Hey Tater, are you selling any B190s??

Latest posts

Back