Best Bang for Buck Tig?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I'm wanting to buy a tig and get to know it. I've done plenty of tig welding on the job, but never had to buy one for myself. Lots of new welders out there - many are Chinese - which may not be a bad thing if the price is right. I know that I want AC/DC so that I can do steel and aluminum. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Check out eastwood. I've seen good reviews. Prices are good and they have decent customer service.
Me personally, I'm A Welder. Im not a brand snob, but Id try my best to only buy from one of the big companies. TA, Miller, Lincoln, Htp. Hobart Stuff Is Decent but I'd recommend an ac/dc inverter and I don't think they offer one. There are a few Chinese companies that people have had good luck with, that's just not for me.

Last edited:
Check out eastwood. I've seen good reviews. Prices are good and they have decent customer service.
Me personally, I'm A Welder. Im not a brand snob, but Id try my best to only buy from one of the big companies. TA, Miller, Lincoln, Htp. Hobart Stuff Is Decent but I'd recommend an ac/dc inverter and I don't think they offer one. There are a few Chinese companies that people have had good luck with, that's just not for me.

The Eastwood welders, being Chinese, are not bad. I had the Eastwood 200, and someone offered me a deal I could not refuse. Thing is - I didn't even get a chance to use it! The newer Chinese welders seem to have more features and are more advanced that the Eastwoods - which are a lot more manual. The new ones have pulse and all that, and I want that now that I've studied up on them. So far, the Everlast brand is winning. Lol, I just channeled Charlie Sheen saying, "Winning!" :21::21::21:

I've had a great experience with my Everlast. I run it on 110v-- I'm never doing anything thicker than .065" anyway. The best upgrade is a gas lens for the torch, but you probably know that. Mine is DC only, fwiw.

:soapbox: As far as the domestic/foreign thing... they are a US based company. Kinda like buying a GM or Ford, much of the parts are not domestic anymore, and most (if not all) of the Toyotas, Hondas & Nissans sold in the US are assembled in US plants. (and BMW for you North Carolinians) Of course, Chrysler is now foreign owned, so no Dodge owners jump on the "buy US" bandwagon please. :giggle:
It's a global economy, for good or ill, though I know the debate rages especially hot with welders.

Latest posts

Back