Bent Blade Forks

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay you guys, I looked for as much info on bending Schwinn blade forks and found nothing in the RRB Forum. If someone knows of the tread fire me up. Otherwise I will be bending a narrow 26" fork until I get the desired results. Dropped, so a 20" will slip right in with minimum clearance. I'll start posting with photos in between my Mash Banger build off.

"IF" you do bend a blade fork...Let me know how ya did it! :lol:

No heat for this task Amigo. Just shear brute force with the help of a 20 ton press of course.

Re: Bent Blade Forks Update 1st Try

Schwinn Blade Bend experiment #1:

Using my 20 ton press from Harbor Freight, I made a series of 2 to 4 pump presses starting near the drop outs and worked my way up to the crown. Secured the dropouts with an old axle for now and locked em down tight to keep the dropouts level. Worked fairly easy and progress was very consistant and even until I started to get greedy but this is for a 20"er. The blades started to bow a little bit towards the last press or two, but not bad. I'm sure I can flatten them with the press and get the forks even. Took about 30 minutes once I got set up. I will document the next bend I do which may be today or this week sometime. I'll keep you guys posted.
BentBladeFork006.jpg
BentBladeFork005.jpg
BentBladeFork002.jpg
BentBladeFork004.jpg
BentBladeFork001.jpg
BentBladeFork009.jpg
BentBladeFork008.jpg
BentBladeFork007.jpg

Nice job! I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it. :lol: Half hour isn't to bad. Sometimes it's taken me 1-2 hours, with all the "tweaking" and straightening....Post how you did it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9254&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45. Thanks for sharing!

Today I bent a second blade fork with the help of my handy dandy home made fork blade keeper truer jig tool thingy. Went a little better keeping the blades true with only a little deflection that I was able to correct in the vise. Looks like a keeper. I may work on the jig tool thingy a little more for a more new and improved version. Enjoy and ask any questions if you need to. I'll try to help the best I can.
BendForkII001.jpg
BendForkII003.jpg
BendForkII004.jpg
BendForkII005.jpg
BendForkII006.jpg
BendForkII007.jpg
BendForkII008.jpg
BendForkII009.jpg
BendForkII010.jpg
BendForkII011.jpg
BendForkII012.jpg
BendForkII013.jpg

Nice! Looks a lot easier then my method (well my way won't work on a BLADE)........Can you do a "tube" fork?

Latest posts

Back