BEN'S FIFTY FIVE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's got close to a can of rustleum clear on it. It's very shiny and smooth. The metallic came out nice and even too. I'm happy with the results. Here's the hoops I'm gonna use and some parts I I picked up from the NLCTVWguy. Thanks Rob. I'v also got a horn and front hub in the garage and a rear hub and NOS crank on the way. That mirror will clean up nice. The vinyl graphic BEN'S FIFTY-FIVE is for the chain guard. I think I'm gonna use the sand blasted one. If I use the chrome one I'll paint the green strip blue.
bc55-40.jpg

bc55-39.jpg

bc55-38.jpg

I'm not sure, I'll have to dig that album out now. Just don't call us groupies.

He helped me lace one of those s-2's to a front hub. He couldn't wait to show mom. After he went to bed I put the front end together. Those grips are in great shape and say schwinn on them, thats a mesinger made in the U.S.A. seat and thats a wald neck...... Now I wait for parts.
bc55-43.jpg

bc55-41.jpg

Looking good! Can't wait to see the finished product!
It's going to be a beautiful bike, looks like new!

Nice job documenting the build too. You and Ben have fun!

--Rob

More parts came in. spokes and a hub.
bc55-45.jpg

Pulled out my mack striping brush, freshened up the red stripe with 'one shot' and called in reinforcements.
bc55-44.jpg

Some more pics:
chain guard mounting tab prior to weld.
bc55-47.jpg

bc55-49.jpg

Mounting bracket I made from aluminum. I welded the bend for strength.
bc55-52.jpg

bc55-48.jpg

bc55-51.jpg

Guard and bracket after paint with vinyl graphic.
bc55-55.jpg

Almost finished.
P1010195.jpg

P1010196.jpg

P1010200.jpg

I'm looking for an early white with black letter or brass head badge with 3-3/16" hole centers if any one can help. I radiused the end a piece of aluminum round stock that I drilled a hole down the center of for a headlight mounting spacer.
P1010202.jpg

P1010201.jpg

P1010203.jpg

just checked my email and I've got a '64 stingray frame I picked up on ebay fairly cheap that the seller said was 'on the way today'. Life is good.

That bike is ROCKIN'!! Simple and Amazing.. I dig the rim and tire combo..

that looks like the same paint i used on my ratfink

pics prolly do it no justice.... i'm sure it pops nice in the sun with the flip flop paint nice......

Latest posts

Back