• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bendix blue band 2 speed hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I received mine without any paint on the hub ,how would you tell the difference?
Also it is laced to what appears to be a re-chromed S-2 x 26" wheel....

~ Rafael ~
The blue band has 28 spoke holes and should have the word overdrive on the brake arm I believe.

Where were all you guys with blue band hubs a week ago when I was posting on every list on the internet that I wanted a blue band hub?? I guess nobody checks the wanted section.
Who has s 20" S2 for me to lace my eBay purchased blue band hub into. And FYI I paid $160 shipped for mine, unserviced.
I think saw that post and the for sale posts up at the same time...guess it goes both ways....

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

20150421_184815.jpg
I built this custom bicycle raygun from a 2 speed hub

Thanks! Been working on a couple others too. This one was the first I built. Only one to have a 2 speed hub so far. So I thought it was relevant. :)

I checked the "for sale" daily for a couple weeks on this and other forums--in addition to posting want ads and asking all the collectors and bike geeks I know. I think there are deals to be found (I never find them) but I also think someone selling a blue band can get $150 easy for it. A couple at $200 have disappeared off eBay with a buy it now so I think people are paying a premium for them.

Where were all you guys with blue band hubs a week ago when I was posting on every list on the internet that I wanted a blue band hub?? I guess nobody checks the wanted section.
Who has s 20" S2 for me to lace my eBay purchased blue band hub into. And FYI I paid $160 shipped for mine, unserviced.

I thought about selling you mine, but it's my last blue band. Gary

It's all good, I bought one. I'm that person that always misses out on the free samples at Costco too...
Glad ya got one! Well this thread proved one thing...blue band hubs are $80-$300 and get harder to find the closer you want to be to the $80 mark. o_O

I have questions.....
Does the blu band only come in 28h or is there 36h also.....?
If only 28h......
Will the guts of blue band fit in the hub of red or Yellow band to get that gearing....
Now that I've committed treason fire away:grin::grin:

I have questions.....
Does the blu band only come in 28h or is there 36h also.....?
If only 28h......
Will the guts of blue band fit in the hub of red or Yellow band to get that gearing....
Now that I've committed treason fire away:grin::grin:
I'm not sure, I do know that the red band I had was completely different on the inside. There were weird little friction discs in there. Whereas the blue band does not. Never opened my yellow band yet to find out.

I've read the hub on the yellow and blues are the same, the red ones are different as Odder mentioned due to their different brake mechanism. But I have yet to tear any apart....I got one of each now, guess I should make a thread and eliminate some doubts and myths :D

20160215_124932.jpg
If I'm looking at the drawing correctly, it would seem as though the hub shell, and drive screws are different on the blue and yellow.

Very well could be man, I will find out soon enough. lol. You gonna sell that ray gun man? or maybe make another? That is awesome.. I'd point it at customers and say "I am here to take over your planet!" I think a red one would be even cooler! hmmm...maybe Ill make me one that shoots BB's or sumthin next winter :D

Very well could be man, I will find out soon enough. lol. You gonna sell that ray gun man? or maybe make another? That is awesome.. I'd point it at customers and say "I am here to take over your planet!"
I've made others that I've sold. We will talk. :D

Latest posts

Back