Been lurking, decided to make account

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all!
I'm new here and love cruiser bikes. I don't have the funds to do a lot of the builds that I have in mind since I'll be done with college soon. Here are the bikes I do have that my gf and I ride almost everyday.
The yellow is an old Ross bike and it has a Mesinger seat on it. I'm not sure the model but it's flipping sweet, paid like $70 for it.
The red one is a Sears Coast to Coast, Coast King the chain guard says Monteclair. I paid like $50 for it or something. Both are in good shape and I'm looking to do some custom builds in the future since this forum has many knowledgeable people and inspired me.
bike.jpg
bikee.jpg

Welcome to the club! This is the spot where you learn that custom doesn't have to be expensive. Right now I'm working on a build (barely) where the most expensive part I buy is paint. Starting point was found in the trash, combined with parts from the garage, and that's it. Oh, and maybe new rubber...
If you don't have a parts stash yet, now is the time to stock up on old stuff. Either "stay at home" orders have driven people to clean out the garage, or perhaps they need some cash, but the result is lots of used bikes on the market. Some are selling complete bikes for the price of one part!

Welcome to the best custom vintage rat rod bike site on the internets!

You will notice that many of these creations on this site start with solid, good bones type of cruisers that you already have in your 'stable'. Then, as the spirit moves, we make custom additions / subtractions until we come up with a ratty equation that feels good. The sum of the parts is always greater than the whole, when it comes to Rat Rod Bikes! :D

Keep your eyes peeled and your laptop humming, the annual RRB Summer Build Off starts tomorrow, May 1 !

RaT oN~!

Latest posts

Back