Beatnik

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy, man, crazy.

A little more progress. Moved indoors to Coolsville since it was 106 degree heat index outside.

beatnikshift.jpg

It was starting to come together. Finally decided on the rear hub and rigged up an old Huret shifter mounted inside the tank. The paint was so-so due to the heat and humidity. Used Duplicolor metalic gold with metalic clear and Rustoleum black enamel. I've since made a couple more changes to the paint. Thanks!!!

A little more progress. It's getting there. Hopefully by the deadline!!!

beatnik41.jpg

Still indoors at Coolsville. It's awfully hot outside. Finally finished the paint. Mounted the chainguard and the BB. Got the shift cable made.

beatnik50.jpg

Made some truss rods and got the headlight mounted. It's nearly finished. A lot of parts went in to this bike and it started basically from scratch. I have really enjoyed participating in the RRBO3. So mant neat ideas and there's going to be some cool bikes at the end. I'm going to have a hard time voting for a favorite this time. Thanks!!!

Thanks guys!!! Yea the Nash is my favorite board. Like riding a cloud compared to the Zero. The homies get a kick out of watching a 52 year old fat guy fall. The city where I live is building a new skate park and the board biz is picking up around here.

BTW, here are the wheels that are going to be used on the Beatnik.

wheels.jpg

The rear hub is a Bendix 2 speed manual with a 24 X 3" tire and rim. The front is a 26" rim with a 1.75" tire. Thanks!!!

Thanks a lot!...Just what I needed!.....ANOTHER bike to add to my "list" of favorites..........NICE BIKE!

Whats up daddyo's? I finally see light at the end of the tunnel.

beatlight.jpg

It always happens that when I have a last chance photo opportunity, it's dark and pouring rain outside.

coolsfront.jpg

Here is couple of pics with the Beatnik just off the stand.

coolsleft.jpg

Had no idea how it was going to turn out at the beginning. I wanted to do a Rat Rod and hopefully it's somewhere in the neighborhood. It's been a lot of fun. Thanks to all of you guys for inspiration and especially to Rat Rod for creating this wonderful site!!! Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back