Be carefull if you purchased a repop springer !!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this one about a year ago for my nephew's bicycle. The steertube is thin then adding thread on top of a thin steertube you get this... :shock:

IMAG0123.jpg

Also the crown has a groove in it from the spring bolt rubbing it from the action of the fork. :shock:

IMAG0124.jpg

Just a heads up guys :wink:

Now this fork was rode hard as it was for a young boy so that's part of it..

"Now this fork was rode hard as it was for a young boy so that's part of it.."

Not really and excuse unless the seller stated that this was for easy cruising, and not for real hard riding.

True, was just sayin. He rode it hard for sure !

Fahrrad said:
"Now this fork was rode hard as it was for a young boy so that's part of it.."

Not really and excuse unless the seller stated that this was for easy cruising, and not for real hard riding.

I mean don't get me wrong he wasn't going off ramps or jumping cars but he rides the wheels off it , heh sorry did. I know it's a cheap fork and all but the steer tube snapping !? Bent legs, lots of rust build up quick, or something minor that's understandable but man that's a major failure in my book. I couldn't tell because I didn't take the time to look or think of it at the but maybe it was the stems placement in the steer tube but saying that the headset was tight it didn't have any slop. I don't know just a real cheap one or a bad steertube I guess

*Edited to add* also the steertube wasn't bent at all just a clean break. He does a look over his headset,crank, tires for air etc to look for issue so he might have missed it tho that but like I said it wasn't bent.

Like EVERYTHING we buy now-a-days new for bikes, there made in china out of recycled metals of all kinds and thrown together, the steel isn't even't steel anymore, seems to be monkey metal from what i've seen. And chrome is so thin it nearly flakes off in no time, any new parts I source for bike builds ends up staying in the house, garage or shop and doesn't have a chance to get any rust on em. Sad how this countries wealthy and politicians have sold us out and brought it to this point.

Carbon said:
Like EVERYTHING we buy now-a-days new for bikes, there made in china out of recycled metals of all kinds and thrown together, the steel isn't even't steel anymore, seems to be monkey metal from what i've seen. And chrome is so thin it nearly flakes off in no time, any new parts I source for bike builds ends up staying in the house, garage or shop and doesn't have a chance to get any rust on em. Sad how this countries wealthy and politicians have sold us out and brought it to this point.

Agreed and people expect quality for pennies, I knew what I was buying don't get me wrong. This is more of a warning to watch out if you're not buying name brand and curious about the cause of it snapping but yes it is the thin walled cheap metal crafting of the piece.

Latest posts

Back