BO15 Barracuda

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for all of the input, I think the last one suits the bike Best. This bike was specially made for someone with 2 foot legs and 4 foot arms. I have not met this person, but they must be out there somewhere. The rules say it must be rideable. The only way I can ride it is by raising the seat. Without raising the seat, my knees go past my ears ( I do not bend the way I use to.) so for now I am going with the brooks for comfort and height. The bike is presently gold, but that may change. Thanks

I like the Brooks! We often talk about two saddle heights on these build-offs; one for 'show' and one for 'go'. It's okay to have it slammed for the show / final voting photos. And then it's okay to raise it for the ride video and the go / ride position.

This build has a great look! RaT oN~!

here is the fork fastening bolt. Now is is adjustable.
B331EDEC-DC3F-491C-BA98-B93075C73DD4.jpeg

Thanks for your positive comments. It is officially a rider, took it for a spin to day. I changed the cranks to 140 and hammered in a 43 tooth chain ring. Now I can ride it. And it rides pretty good. ( I did not test it on a steep hill). Starting to look at paint and powder coating options. Waiting for the wife to pick a color as I am not allowed to make decisions on color , pattern or texture of anything.

Your comments about choosing color, texture, and pattern struck my funny bone! In our relationship, my wife often defers to me for those decisions. She tends to latch on to a color hue (monochromatic) and is more afraid to try different textures and mix colors and patterns.

My dad was really good at seeing shapes and design and my mom has a strong artistic bent as well. I inherited any I have from them.

Maybe some leather wrapped strapping around the ends of the bar for grips in the color / stained to look like the saddle.

I like the look!

I like OJ's idea. Perhaps leather wrap like a bullwhip handle, I've seen instructions on tube, or maybe something like this
hqdefault.jpg

Wow guys I have even thought about grips yet, you are way ahead of me. Today I ground off the brake brackets on the fork. And messed around with a tensioner for the chain. The one I came up with I do not like. I need to try something else.
29E922A2-1251-4B00-A603-CAB07082C5A9.jpeg
7F53D881-74F4-40BC-9549-F6AB55B35957.jpeg

Wow guys I have even thought about grips yet, you are way ahead of me. Today I ground off the brake brackets on the fork. And messed around with a tensioner for the chain. The one I came up with I do not like. I need to try something else.View attachment 124477View attachment 124478
Not bad though, maybe you can use the shape of that 'arrow' between the chainstays for your tensioner. 3D Print a transparent chainwheel for the clean looks ;)
Awesome to read that its a rider!

Thanks for your in put Bart, I looked a using the arrow, but I did not want an appendage Coming off of it. The more I work on this bike the more I want to keep the lines clean, without clutter. I have ordered a tensioner from of Amazon that attaches to the axle. As for a 3d chain wheel that is something I did not know could be done Especially transparent. I am way behind on my modern technology. ( my garage has no windows).

Latest posts

Back