Barn fresh Elgin Blue Bird NEW PICS pg8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Barn fresh Elgin Blue Bird

jimw1960 said:
npence said:
Yeah tell me about it all I want to do now is sit in the garage and stare at it. cant get anything done and the wife gets mad now that im in the garage to much. :shock:

Is this going to end up being one of those stories like when someone wins the Lotto and it ends up ruining their lives? Suddenly everyone is your friend, or all of your existing friends are jealous and stop talking to you. Man, you don't need that. You should just sell it to me right now and get your life back. I'll even give you $50 more than you paid. :D Great find man!

lol nice try there, personally I'd never sell it. I'd try to keep it in as good of condition as I could and park it in my bedroom. and possibly hire 3 ex-Dallas football players to be my bodyguards when I rode it....lol

npence,
I've been watching this thread and thinking if your wife won't let you put in the livingroom, why not just build her a new diningroom table, but make it a show case for your bike laying down in it. Or you could make it a tilting table stand it up when she doen't need the table lay it down when she dose. then she can cover it with a table cloth.

dos cruiser said:
npence,
I've been watching this thread and thinking if your wife won't let you put in the livingroom, why not just build her a new diningroom table, but make it a show case for your bike laying down in it. Or you could make it a tilting table stand it up when she doen't need the table lay it down when she dose. then she can cover it with a table cloth.
That is a creative Idea I will run that past her and see what she says. She will probably say sell the bike and buy her a dining room set.

Just say NO to selling the bike,then say but if you let me put in the livingroom I will buy you a nice small ring or something, but make sure if she say OK, that the bike stays in the house as long as she has the ring.

some guys here would say sell the dining room set, sell the wife, and sell the farm before selling the bike.....lol :mrgreen:

Well I did make a deal with my wife if she let me buy this bike I would sell alot of my other bikes to pay for it. and I cant buy another till those are sold so help me out check out the for sale section. and maybe if I have money left over I will buy her a ring and see if I can get the bluebird in the house. :D Thanks, Nate

Thanks for the link that was fun looking at all the old Elgins

Finally got some Rubber on the BlueBird Allstate white walls. My next step is to straighten the forks and lube her up and take a ride. :D
042132.jpg
[/url]
[]
042119.jpg
[/url]
]
042103.jpg
[/url]

In the link that Dos Cruiser posted the speedometer is different, it rises up out of the top quite a bit whereas yours seems to sit much flatter. I prefer yours, looks much better!

oldrider said:
In the link that Dos Cruiser posted the speedometer is different, it rises up out of the top quite a bit whereas yours seems to sit much flatter. I prefer yours, looks much better!
yours is more streamlined too...which I'd think is more desirable/valuable...check out the front and rear drop outs. Love it!

My dream is to own a elgin like that one, or one of the other really neat ones, eventualy i`ll put money aside to make the dream come true, thats a awesome bike!

Looks great with the tires. For me just getting to ride one of these would be a dream.

oldrider said:
Another reason we see such a shortage of pre war bikes is that tons of them were melted down for the war cause in the early 40s. Someone on another vintage bike forum posted a photo of hundreds of bikes that were lined up to be melted down, I dang near cried.....

it does make you cry, but would the value and rarity be there if a lot were around

anywho... i feel MAJORLY stupid.. but.. can someone take me to school for a second ab this bike and why its so valuable, etc? :oops:

Latest posts

Back