Barn fresh Elgin Blue Bird NEW PICS pg8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Barn fresh Elgin Blue Bird

GTCOMA said:
You know we are all dying to know how much this bird set you back...

How were you able to contain your excitement!? Did you play it cool, or did you dance a little jig as soon as you saw it?
I played it cool like it isnt the greatest bike every made. acted like it was just another 60's parts bike probably one reason I got it for the price I did. the Guy knew a little bit about it and some what what it was worth I think but still got a great deal on it in my opinion since Ive seen just the Frame and forks sell for $2,000. But once I got it in the truck and started driving back home felt like I was having a Heart attack and kept checking the rear view to make sure it was really back there. :D

Where you really did good was with the seat and glass lens still being intact.

Now...you just need $10k to have it restored properly...ha ha.

It will be along time before I can afford to restore it. but for now going to get some tires and grease the bearing and ride it. Never thought I would see the day me riding a bluebird down the street.

npence said:
It will be along time before I can afford to restore it. but for now going to get some tires and grease the bearing and ride it. Never thought I would see the day me riding a bluebird down the street.

Stop, just stop. You're making us all jealous. :lol: Nah, just kidding. That is so awesome that you'll be riding it. Make sure it doesn't get stolen! (hopefully the thieves won't know). :lol:

schwinnmesa said:
npence said:

Stop, just stop. You're making us all jealous. :lol: Nah, just kidding. That is so awesome that you'll be riding it. Make sure it doesn't get stolen! (hopefully the thieves won't know). :lol:
images

Or the fury of the rat rodder shall be released!!!!!!!

:mrgreen:

screw the restoration clean it carefully and its a survivor too many of them are "restored" from a bunch of parts from different bikes. this one is a complete bike! :) or let me cut it up hehehe

Hooch said:
screw the restoration clean it carefully and its a survivor too many of them are "restored" from a bunch of parts from different bikes. this one is a complete bike! :)

+1

You really only have two choices with a bike like this...leave it as is, clean it and make it rideable or go full out with a professional restoration.

Nothing could be worse than a hack job restoration on a bike like this.

Rat Rod said:
You really only have two choices with a bike like this...leave it as is, clean it and make it rideable or go full out with a professional restoration.

I agree .......... or letting me cut it up lol

Rat Rod said:
If Hooch had it, it would be on Ebay right now. :lol:

Nahh....he would have a new signature line" I will not sell by Bluebird for all the money in the world" after he sells the Amsterdam.

cman said:
Rat Rod said:
If Hooch had it, it would be on Ebay right now. :lol:

Nahh....he would have a new signature line" I will not sell by Bluebird for all the money in the world" after he sells the Amsterdam.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rat Rod said:

You are right I have restored all my other bikes with my Dad. But If I find the money Im going to get it done right by a professional.

If I had it I would clean it up a bit, grease the bearings, throw on a set of white walls and ride the crap out of it until someone made me an offer I couldn't turn down.

If I had it, I'd clean it up, grease everything, put some whitewalls on it, and ride it to every show and watch it like a hawk as everyone drools over it.

Latest posts

Back