Barefoot Delivery

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, it's been a sweet summer and I loved watching everyone's build come together almost as much as I like messin' around with mine. It's a great line-up this year and I'm honored to to be a part of it all.

What started with a wrecked Electra after being rear-ended is finished off by spending the insurance companies check on bike tools and parts! Good things can really come from bad places sometimes. Hope you enjoy, I sure was stoked to pin on the last hub shiner!

IMG_2016.jpg

IMG_2008.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2007.jpg

IMG_2014.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2010.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

IMG_1988.jpg

Super Duper clean What a great build I love it "my my wife is going to use your valve stem idea" 8)

Classy cargo bike! I love the details!

Ok...LOVE this bike! I have a few favorites and it's going to be hard to pick just one. Can you please please please tell me how you did the woodgrained rims?

Gdcast said:
Beautiful!! Bike turned out perfect!!!
Love the colour, seat... everything!! Congrats!!! :D
European flavor - very nice.

PERFECT!! GREAT PIC MAN! CLEAN AND THAT COLOR AND WOOD LOOKS LIKE A KNOCKOUT!! PEACE

Thanks everyone! I'm really stoked about how it all turned out. Unlike past builds, this one came out better than I imagined it could which is always nice. :D

-Wheels are done with good ol' contact paper (the kind people used to line their drawers with) I found online. I borrowed the idea from a forum member here who did it years ago on a sweet Dyno stretch frame.

-Seat and hub shiners are Argyle fabric from Jo-Annes with a super-glue-like hold of spray adhesive and staples.

-Grips are the tops of two old shovels in my garage because Electra's wooden grips are $50! :shock:

I really love this bike and I tried to keep it simple with some nice touches so I'm excited that people are noticing! I have a goal of learning to stripe this year and this will be a canvas for some nice lines someday, but it's hard to learn that art in a few weeks. :mrgreen: So, as all of our rat-rods go, this is indeed a work in progress for the rest of it's life... :lol:

Thanks again and good luck to everyone that entered!

Makes me want to put on a kilt, fill up the front basket with KiltLifter 8th St. Ale and light up a stogie; and ride this baby.

Cargo Classic! Tip of my bowler hat to ya' Sir.

2dawgs said:
Makes me want to put on a kilt, fill up the front basket with KiltLifter 8th St. Ale and light up a stogie; and ride this baby.

Cargo Classic! Tip of my bowler hat to ya' Sir.

Oh, dude! That's it, I'm headin' to Four Peaks for some happy hour! Thanks for the compliment.

slowerisbetter said:
Thanks everyone! I'm really stoked about how it all turned out. Unlike past builds, this one came out better than I imagined it could which is always nice. :D

-Wheels are done with good ol' contact paper (the kind people used to line their drawers with) I found online. I borrowed the idea from a forum member here who did it years ago on a sweet Dyno stretch frame.

-Seat and hub shiners are Argyle fabric from Jo-Annes with a super-glue-like hold of spray adhesive and staples.

-Grips are the tops of two old shovels in my garage because Electra's wooden grips are $50! :shock:

I really love this bike and I tried to keep it simple with some nice touches so I'm excited that people are noticing! I have a goal of learning to stripe this year and this will be a canvas for some nice lines someday, but it's hard to learn that art in a few weeks. :mrgreen: So, as all of our rat-rods go, this is indeed a work in progress for the rest of it's life... :lol: what r the wheels

Thanks again and good luck to everyone that entered!

Latest posts

Back