Barefoot Delivery

Well, it's been a sweet summer and I loved watching everyone's build come together almost as much as I like messin' around with mine. It's a great line-up this year and I'm honored to to be a part of it all.

What started with a wrecked Electra after being rear-ended is finished off by spending the insurance companies check on bike tools and parts! Good things can really come from bad places sometimes. Hope you enjoy, I sure was stoked to pin on the last hub shiner!

Mar 27, 2010
Ok...LOVE this bike! I have a few favorites and it's going to be hard to pick just one. Can you please please please tell me how you did the woodgrained rims?

Thanks everyone! I'm really stoked about how it all turned out. Unlike past builds, this one came out better than I imagined it could which is always nice. :D

-Wheels are done with good ol' contact paper (the kind people used to line their drawers with) I found online. I borrowed the idea from a forum member here who did it years ago on a sweet Dyno stretch frame.

-Seat and hub shiners are Argyle fabric from Jo-Annes with a super-glue-like hold of spray adhesive and staples.

-Grips are the tops of two old shovels in my garage because Electra's wooden grips are $50! :shock:

I really love this bike and I tried to keep it simple with some nice touches so I'm excited that people are noticing! I have a goal of learning to stripe this year and this will be a canvas for some nice lines someday, but it's hard to learn that art in a few weeks. :mrgreen: So, as all of our rat-rods go, this is indeed a work in progress for the rest of it's life... :lol:

Thanks again and good luck to everyone that entered!

May 20, 2010
Makes me want to put on a kilt, fill up the front basket with KiltLifter 8th St. Ale and light up a stogie; and ride this baby.

Cargo Classic! Tip of my bowler hat to ya' Sir.

Mar 2, 2010
pontiac,il
slowerisbetter said:
Thanks everyone! I'm really stoked about how it all turned out. Unlike past builds, this one came out better than I imagined it could which is always nice. :D

-Wheels are done with good ol' contact paper (the kind people used to line their drawers with) I found online. I borrowed the idea from a forum member here who did it years ago on a sweet Dyno stretch frame.

-Seat and hub shiners are Argyle fabric from Jo-Annes with a super-glue-like hold of spray adhesive and staples.

-Grips are the tops of two old shovels in my garage because Electra's wooden grips are $50! :shock:

I really love this bike and I tried to keep it simple with some nice touches so I'm excited that people are noticing! I have a goal of learning to stripe this year and this will be a canvas for some nice lines someday, but it's hard to learn that art in a few weeks. :mrgreen: So, as all of our rat-rods go, this is indeed a work in progress for the rest of it's life... :lol: what r the wheels

Thanks again and good luck to everyone that entered!

Members online

The Bike Wall BOXKARS Clyde James Cycles