Bare Bonnie(ville) ... what a trip....... moving into the finished builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My vote is for the first bars with the lowered no-spring seat but you really cant go wrong.

This is just so danged cool that I don't even have words...great stuff, man!

I just realized that this is the same frame that I have on one of my latest Fresh Find bikes.

Great looking bike! Love the fenders of course ... The rototiller bars are trick . I know they make 1" grips you should be able to find a set on the web. Keep on keep on . [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not much update here just been to dang busy with other things did get it into the garage so hope to start hammering on it soon though, Bare Bonnie needs gearing for speed so big ring 65 tooth shown is my backup will need some holes in it if I need to use this one, hope to get my custom one in before the end also trying to get a custom rear cog to equal out the gearing time will tell.

Last edited:
You're really capturing the salt flats theme here. Love the aero fenders and now the high speed chain ring! :cool2: You have to put a number plate on it!

Great idea with the custom rear cog to 'equal out the gearing'. The large chainring looks cool but would be next to impossible to ride otherwise.:thumbsup:

Looking forward to seeing your custom BIG ring. Someone made a sweet custom ring out of one of those Exerciser rings a couple of BOs ago. If I find it I'll let you know.
It's funny how your bars are so cool people thought you were testing different sets.

Looking good looks fast just sitting on the bench ! I think we all are thinking the same thing for the look of the front sprocket . Need a pie plate to match the pizza pans [emoji108]

Awesome !!

been struggling with finding parts I need for this build that I had in the 'ol noggin but finally found a doable solution for my rear cog after failing on my normal resources trying to get a custom one made but found this 36 tooth one on ebay after a lot of searching not exactly the tooth count or solid design one I was looking for but has the same depth indent I needed, beggars cant be choosers at this point think I will be making a aluminum cover for it at least I will be able to ride this with ease with the bigger chain ring and hope soon to be bigger one :)
Has same I.D. Dia. and thickness but not same drive teeth on I.D. but little modification and it will work.

Good score I actually think it may look cool in black because it will show up against the moon disc . It will creat some contrast & will allow to see how large it is [emoji1303]

next is mounting the shifter running the nexus 7 speed and no matter where I mounted the shifter it looked like poo even with the thought of a slap shift like the old motorcycles the cable exit just did not work, I thought of custom making one but reading up they need to be pretty precise and I don't want some big muscle bike shifter or aftermarket that will look way out of place, so lots of staring and mocking up (and some cold ones)hiding the original nexus shifter may involve a cowl light housing off a 34 Ford along with the brake lever in one with custom handles, more to follow in the next few days...........

Good score I actually think it may look cool in black because it will show up against the moon disc . It will creat some contrast & will allow to see how large it is [emoji1303]

good thought on doing it in black for contrast guess it depends what my final chain ring will be like :thumbsup:

well here is where I Was heading with those cowl lights to hide the shifter from hanging in space, lots of mockup thought they looked good with the fork torpedoes until I started mocking up the rear of the lights back towards what would be a round tank between bars, bad idea it got looking Way to bulky/thick/wide and everything in between not the look I am going for on this, so ripped it apart and had to walk away this morning, few hours of my life I wont get back so went for breakfast and came back and stared at it again thinking I tried everywhere to mount this small stupid shifter....
(obviously would have been 2 lights mounted)

so staring again for abit the light bulb goes off didn't try this spot :headbang:should have walked away sooner will be a easy mount/short cable/ fabricate a shift rod parallel to seat tube make brake bracket same bottom location and very little cable exposed, man I make my life hard sometimes, my other pet peeve was the cables running down the frame rails to rear this solves both and I can make a small metal cover to blend both into frame

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back