Banana Spaceliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Had a Spaceliner frame and Rat trap fork that I was unsuccessful in selling a few months ago. So I decided to go ahead with a build up of the frame. Going to go with Banana seat, apes and staggered tires. Paint job is just going to be rattlecan to keep cost down. Thanks for taking time to look.
spban1.jpg
spban2.jpg
spban3.jpg
spban4.jpg
spban5.jpg
spban7.jpg
spban8.jpg
spban9.jpg
spban10.jpg

Lookin good so far, I'll be tuning in for further details.

Just waiting on the rest of the parts to get delivered. Going to shoot some SPRAYMAX 2K clear when weather corporates a little then should be able to complete. Still looking for chainguard. Will post final pictures as soon as done. Thanks again to all.

Just waiting on the rest of the parts to get delivered. Going to shoot some SPRAYMAX 2K clear when weather corporates a little then should be able to complete. Still looking for chainguard. Will post final pictures as soon as done. Thanks again to all.

I have a chainguard that looks like the one in your avatar, if that will help ?

Major setback this evening. Got new front tire on the way home. Mounted on rim went to fit onto front forks. "WHAT it doesnt fit" standing there with that look that some of you may know. The Rat Trap Springer you bought over a year ago isn't a 26 but a 24. I never really even noticed just unpacked it put on shelf wanted for the day to use it. Can't believe that I never noticed. Guess was really into stripping and repainting. Now will need to make a decision on what to do. get a 24 inch rim and tire, or try and find another front end to use on this bike. Oh well need a adult sparkling beverage or two. Will come up with something.

Tried going with a 24 inch tire on front just didn't like look at all. Went ahead and picked up aftermarket springer forks. Got installed this afternoon. all that is left is installing the chainguard after alot more polishing if I cannot make look good enough will just paint to match frame.
spban15.jpg
spban14.jpg
spban13.jpg
spban12.jpg

Thanks for following build, and man my truck is really dirty.

I'm in the process of tearing everything apart to part out, I have a 26" rat trap if you're interested.
For that matter I have a complete liner if you're interested.

Latest posts

Back