Bambi

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Throwin' my hat in the ring! Better late than never I suppose! :D Let me introduce "Bambi" the monster slayer! All 24" of rip snorting, ground stompin' Bambi!

Picked it up over the 4th, didn't know what to do with it. This seems like the thing to do! :mrgreen:

>>>I wouldn't stand too close...<<<

Tell Bambi, I'm sorry about what happened to his Dad. :cry:

don't worry about Bambi, little skinny thing, i put a wicked spell on it. it won't be anything by tommorow. lol
the Black Wicked hits again.lollollol hehehehehe

Outlaw 8)

PS, nice ride, good luck

Deer Jerky Recipe

Ingredients

3 pounds Deer meat, thinly sliced
3/4 cup Wine, dry
1/3 cup Lemon juice
1/4 cup Onion, minced
1/4 cup Brown sugar
2 teaspoons Liquid smoke
1 teaspoon Seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
3 Bay leaves Instructions

Marinade deer meat for 24 hours in the marinade mixture, covered, in a cold part of the refrigerator. Turn meat several times. Remove meat, spreading out to bring to room temp. Place on greased racks in a smoker and smoke at a low heat (160-190 degrees) for 5 to 7 hours, until meat becomes slightly translucent and darkly red, near black. Store in plastic bags in refrigerator.

:lol:

ej599 said:
Just kidding juggler, I couldn't resist. :)

Ya know yer makin me hungry dontcha?

You guys are gonna get the Bamster all riled up! Just remember I warned ya! :mrgreen:

Got a little bit done today...

click to enlarge

I'd like to pull the headbadge off, but the only way I can think of to handle the mounting rivets is to grind them off, but I'm afraid of damaging it. <on edit> I don't wanna damage it because I want to reuse it.

Now, there has been a few rumors (thats "rumours" to you citizens of the Crown :mrgreen: ), that because of Bambi's essence of style, power, and speed, he must be made of (ugh) carbon fiber. The magnet stuck on the side of the frame should dispel all that silly talk!

Bambi got a gear change from 20t to a 22t, why? Because I think it'll be more funner! (Yes, "more funner")!

Also, the rear tire and tube still look good, though dirty, and hold air. So I plan to reuse it on the front, and buy a new, wider, rear tire.

hahaha,lol. see told ya, Godzilla can take care of the little stuff, bye bambi, your in last place, hahahaha.lol

Outlaw 8)

Don't mess with Godzilla an Black Wicked, we are coming to get ya all.lol

Well let's see... I wanna keep track of cost's on this one. I don't have a pile of bikes to scavenge, so I've got to either build or buy anything I want to use on Bambi. I'm sure alot of us are in the same boat, my problem is I'm light on talent, and devoid of money! :mrgreen:

Purchase price of the bike, $30.00
1 tire 24x2.125, $14.00
1 tube, $3.50
2 rim strips $2.00
3 paint rattle cans $8.91
1 roll blue tape $3.66
misc $36.40*
total to date, $98.47

Hopefully that's all I have to buy. I've got a few parts from my other rat that I'm going to recycle.

*edited to adjust total

Oooooooo.... lookin' good! 8)

click to enlarge

HELP! I want to re-use the front tire, an old Goodyear. Is there anything that will rejuvenate the white?

Tire cleaned up...fair. To be honest, I don't think it coulda' cleaned up any better, it's got one foot in the grave and the other foot is slippin'.

What do you think, leave the heavily rusted chrome fenders alone, for the "patina", or paint them? I'm leaning towards paint.

Latest posts

Back