RRBBO13 Back In(B) The Day: Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of my other skip tooth chains were long enough or nice enough so sacrifices had to be made. What you don't notice is the musty, old library book smell.
As for splicing the chain, I have a chain breaker at work that probably would have worked better. Unfortunately, work is 25 miles away.

Wow, that frame is polishing up nice.
Love the quadrant shifter.

Waiting on some parts to arrive, so I did some rehab on this Heavy Duti for a friend/co-worker.
069.JPG

The Bendix 76 needed some love, working good now.
068.JPG

Also, I got some shorter nipples for my spokes, so I was able to get my wheels up and running.
074.JPG

Hard to take pics with the shiny frame and reflective tires.
Rear has plenty of clearance, front not so much.
075.JPG

077.JPG

Tried another fork. Better clearance, but not enough tube length.
079.JPG

Next option was rob the fork from this Schwinn Breeze.
080.JPG

It fits.
081.JPG

082.JPG

The stem put up a fight, but I won out in the end. I don't think the stem and bars are part of the plan. Actually, I have no plan. But I will strip the paint from the fork and see how it looks. Anyhow, it's a roller.

Just out of curiosity, I measured the width of the Schwalbe Century tires on the 35mm rims. They are advertised as a 622 x 35 and came in at almost 42mm wide.

Those tires look good on those black wheels. I might have missed it, which wheel set is that?

Very cool build. Modern Brazed frame retrofitted to Vinage. Just catching up to current. Looking good so far.

Polished steel/brass is a great color. That Skip tooth Sturmey is a really cool touch! Lovin on the wheel/tire combo.

Very cool build. Modern Brazed frame retrofitted to Vinage. Just catching up to current. Looking good so far.

Polished steel/brass is a great color. That Skip tooth Sturmey is a really cool touch! Lovin on the wheel/tire combo.
Thanks, I had the Sturmey hub then came across the skip tooth rear cog. I knew I wanted to build something around these pieces.

For my pedals I decided to do some work to these Schwinn exerciser pedals.
090.JPG

Broke one down to see what was what. Gotta love loose ball bearings. These are weighted, so I had to drill out the bar to get the pedal apart.
091.JPG

092.JPG
To keep the weight, I'll have to drill and tap both ends of the weight bar.
093.JPG

Then I will decide whether to keep the one piece blocks or swap in some different ones.

Latest posts

Back