B.F. Goodrich (PIC ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
My buddy has a BF Goodrich bike for sale. It's a 50's era cantilever frame. No tank, wheels are junk, no front fender. Has the original saddle but it's pretty dried up. AS bolts all around. The fork has struts going through them. Has an old repaint that is flaking and rusting off.

Curious on the value of something like this. He said I can have it for $100.

Don't know why it's so small. Just click on it and it gets bigger.

Last edited:
You need to but my Columbia Project frame fork & fenders I have posted in the for sale section .:dontmentionit:Oh wait you want a Schwinn thingy :rofl: I thought BF Goodrich ment Columbia .:crazy:

You sir are HILARIOUS! :p:21:

Around town on your new ride :41::rofl:

unnamed-5.gif

The style of fork you describe, with the built-in strut holders, is a heavyweight fork. Last used in like '52 or so. If the fork is original to the bike, then it's a Heavyweight. $40 would indeed be a good price, but depending on what else is there (guard, decent stem, seat core that may be worth some scratch) then it might well be worth more.
Cheers, Geoff

I'm from the west coast where these kinda bikes aren't readily available like on the east coast and Midwest so speaking from my area I'd say $100 was ok. If you were to part it out the fork truss rods and chainguard alone would make your investment back. Or buy it ride it have fun with it and sell it whole down the road.

Latest posts

Back